Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
From A Mediocre Student to A Dictator: Adolf Hitler
The day is April 20, 1889 and the place is Austria. It was there that
the man who was to ?save the fatherland? was born. Hitler began his
schooling in a monastery in Germany and was known as a ?lazy, bad-tempered,
arrogant ?leader.?? His dreams of being a great artist quickly went down the
drain after he was rejected at the Academy of Fine Arts. Hitler sank deep
into himself, living on the street and through his discontentment began to
see the uses of hate. His views began to push him to wanting to conquer
Germany; he was only 18 at the time. He joined the war with Germany as a
dispatch worker. After World War I, Hitler began looking for his
opportunity to take control of Germany as their leader. This never would
have been accomplished if the economic, social, and political conditions of
the day were not all in place for him to take control.
After the war the economic conditions of Germany were in shambles.
Because Germany was forced to take most of the blame in the war, they
were required to pay most of the damages of the war, not including their
own debts from the war. Before the war four German marks could have
bought one American dollar, but after the war it tool 4.2 trillion marks just
to equal one dollar. Inflation was running rampid. People were using money
as toilet paper because it cost less. Finally the government did away with
the old currency and brought in a new one. The effects of this will be
discussed later. Also because of the war there was great unemployment.
Unemployment had doubled since before the war and was steadily increasing.
Factories were producing more than they needed and so in order to fix the
problem they produced less and therefore had to lay off several workers.
Just like all over the world, Germany was experiencing their share of the
Depression and just like in America their banks closed as well. This quote
accurately described the Depression and Hitler?s gain from that: ?The
depression was ?the last ingredient in a complicated witches brew? that led to
A lot of the economic problems Germany was facing contributed to
the social problems. Because a new currency was formed, thousands of
people lost their entire life savings. People were roaming the streets looking
for food. The loss of lives from the war severely hurt the population as well.
15% of the young men of the population of Germany were killed in the war.
Because of all of the economic and social problems Germany was undergoing
it made the people begin to look for an answer to their problem. They
wanted someone who would be stable and set things right.
It is here at the point of the political problems that enabled Hitler to
gain his role in government. The moderates? positions in the Weimar
government collapsed. Revolutions were breaking out all over Germany. The
Republic was formed and at the same time violence formed. The government
could not keep things under control. Hitler began giving speeches across
Germany and this stirred up the people and made the government cautious.
Hitler used his propaganda, such as radio broadcasts, press, and storm
troopers, to gain widespread popularity. After two failed attempts at the
presidency, Hindenburg finally offered Hitler the chancelloship. This gave
him just the right amount of power he needed. On February 27, 1933 a fire
was set to the Reichstag building. It was blamed on the communists and
Hitler used this to sway public opinion towards him. He ran again and this
time he won. This man would now be one of the meanest creatures this world
has ever known.
Adolf Hitler?s views can best be described in the book he wrote when
he was 39 years old Mein Kampf. He stated that all inferior people were
destined to be German slaves, terror will succeed unless opposed by a
greater terror, all evil is embodied by the Jew, and France is the ultimate
enemy of the Germans. If the economic, social, and political conditions had
not been so unstable this ?great leader? may never have been able to come to
- Adolf Hitler Essay, Research Paper ADOLF HITLER ONE MAN LIFE AND ... kitchens. This time frame is when Hitler formulated many of his ... not cooperate with him. Hitler ran from the room and to ... is death. Hitler got very lucky. Hitler was released from Landsberg prison ...
- Adolf Hitler Essay, Research Paper Adolf Hitler In 1939, a mighty ruler by the name of Adolf Hitler, led his ... visualize a better future. Adolf Hitler, was dictator of Germany from 1933 to 1945 ... job was hard for Adolf Hitler, and aside from his time in the ...
- Adolf Hitler Essay, Research Paper Adolf Hitler, a strict and cruel man ... death of Alois, Adolf?s mother died from the development of ... notice from the Austrian government. The paper said that Adolf would ... his first time from being away from the front of ...
- Adolf Hitler Essay, Research Paper When the topic of ... questions might be answered from Hitler?s childhood. Adolph Hitler was born on April ... that Bavaria should separate from Germany, Hitler got up and ... eliminate the Jewish race from the European continent. It ...
- Adolph Hitler Essay, Research Paper What can be said about Adolph Hitler that already has not been ... power) (P.57). While recovering from the trauma of being gassed ... intertwined in Hitler’s unconscience mind. Klara Hitler died from breast cancer. Hitler may ...