Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Solar Flares Essay, Research Paper
I. Solar flares are violent eruptions of gases that release ultra-violet radiation, x-rays and gammy rays. It’s an enormous explosion of hydrogen and helium above the sun surface.
A. It’s a sudden rapid and intense variation in brightness that happens every eleven years
B. They usually last an average of 20 minutes and are a remarkable phenomenon.
C. Imagine gigantic blobs of materials held together by powerful magnetic forces. All of a sudden they launch into earth’s magnetosphere.
D. The first one that was record was on Sept. 1, 1859
I. There is three stages, which are precursor, impulsive and decay stage.
A. The precursor stage- the magnetic energy begins to release and soft rays x-ray emission is detected.
B. Impulsive stage- protons and electrons are accelerated and radio waves, hard x-rays and gamma rays are
C. Decay stage- shows gradual build up and decay of the soft x-rays
1. The duration of these stages can last for just three seconds or as long as an hour.
II Solar flares have a direct effect on the earth’s atmosphere. The intense radiation from it travels to earth in eight minutes and as a result.
A. The earth’s upper atmosphere becomes more ionized and expands.
B. Long distance radio signals can be disrupted by the resulting change in the earth’s ionosphere.
C. A satellites orbit around the earth can be disturbed by the enhanced drag on the satellite from the expanded atmosphere.
D. Satellites electronic competent can be damaged.
E. Examples of what have happened.
1. The July 1996 a solar flare was considered fairly moderate. Twenty minutes after the flare ripples appeared on the sun surface looking like ripples in a pool of water.
2. In Los Angeles an earthquake accompanied a solar flare that spewed a huge bubble of sure heat gas.
I. Solar flares are studied because they are such powerful explosions that are little understood and cannot be predicted. Scientists still do not know exactly what causes solar flares.
II. Solar flares causes tremendous damage. Most common disturbances of solar flares on the earth’s blackout and interference of radio communications.
III. NASA has spent a great deal of time and money attempting to understand solar flares even though many important questions have been answered, there is still a lot more to learn and understand.
- The Solar System Essay, Research Paper The Solar System consists of the ... Earth and Mars. The outer solar system contains Jupiter, Saturn, ... of charged particles from solar flares can cause auroras and ... primitive conditions in our solar system. The surfaces of ...
- Space Storms Essay, Research Paper Space Storms I. Introduction ... it was believed that solar flares triggered geomagnetic storms. ... as Solar Flares but not always. IV. Solar Wind Solar wind ... Geometric storms, CME’s, Solar Wind, IMF, Solar Flares, and the Bastile ...
- Sunspots Essay, Research Paper Our Sun continuously converts hydrogen ... electrical and radio technology during solar flares due to increased activity of ... there are periods called solar maximum and solar minimum where the number ...
- Survival Essay, Research Paper SURVIVAL Table of Contents ... from pocket and seams Waxed paper Gunpowder Cotton Kindling ... Strobe Light Whistle Waterproof Matches Flares Sea Dye Markers WATER ... Line and Hooks SHELTER ITEMS Solar Blanket Saw BY Jared ...
- Music Today Essay, Research Paper RAVE CULTURE This essay will explain rave culture. The ... hard dancing or moments of slower interludes. When I can feel the ... brightly as possible and are flaring off in every direction. Raves ...