Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Who Is A Hero?
Who is a hero? What are the qualities of a hero? Are there any heroes left? These
questions are actually the basis for this essay. Even though most of them can be answered by
you, the reader, I shall try to incorporate fact and personal opinion in order to give a
better understanding of the qualities a hero possesses. Now let s talk about who is a hero. In my
opinion, a hero is a person, who possesses three main qualities: compassion, courage, and
Compassion, a word with only one definition, but so much meaning. The quality, which
makes a hero who he is. It s not just courage and intelligence that define a hero, but also
compassion. Compassion for life a trait that is very important, a trait that stands out the most.
First, let me give you the meaning of this word: sympathetic feeling. Sympathy and compassion
are the same things, and both of these should not just exist in a hero, but also in every one of us.
A hero possess this quality as well as many others, but it is what makes him human, or should I
even say, humane. This quality, even though not as important as the other two, makes up a hero s
heart and soul, his inner strength, and that is the most important strength of all.
Brave, fearless, heroic, bold all synonyms that describe a hero. All these could just be
summarized into one quality: courage. Courageous isn t an adjective that describes only the
person who jumps in front of a bullet. Yes, that is an example of courage, but an even more vivid
example would be the courage that it takes to stand alone, when you are outnumbered ,or
outvoted. That is, indeed, true courage. Only a hero can be brave and courageous enough to
stand alone when he is completely outvoted and outnumbered. A wonderful example of this
quality would be in the play Twelve Angry Men when juror number eight has the courage to
stand alone when he is outvoted 11-1. This does not stop him, and he keeps trying, until he
reverses the vote 11-1 in his favor. Even though I do not consider this trait to be most important,
I do believe that it is one of the two most important qualities that make a hero. Finally, the last
and most important quality: intelligence.
One of the main qualities, intelligence, is the most important one. A hero can not be a
person, who has no clue of what is happening around him. In order to know what is going on, he
has to be intelligent. Intelligence and observation are the two main things that make the
distinction between a hero and a regular person. In order for someone to be called a hero, that
person must be intelligent enough to know when to make a move and whether it is the right one
to make. This, however is not the only quality a hero must posses. This quality, however, could
never exist without courage, which always works in conjunction with intelligence.
I don t believe there are any heroes left, but I never said there could never be any. Maybe
there will be, one day, the guardian of justice, maybe there won t, but one thing I know for sure
is the fact that we could strive to becoming a hero. Remember, heroes exist in every one of us,
we just have to find the key, which unlocks the chains that hold it deep inside every one of us.
- What Is A Hero Essay, Research Paper What Is A Hero Heroes are talked about a lot ... are heroes in their own way. They aren?t famous, they didn ... of the eruption a young girl who was stuck waist high in ... hardened mud. There was no way for her to get out ...
- Antigone Is Tragic Hero Essay, Research Paper Antigone is the tragic hero in Sophocles Antigone. A tragic hero is defined as ... what had happened. In this way, she meets death head on ... , one can conclude that Antigone is the tragic hero of this tragedy.
- Is Gatsby A Hero? Essay, Research Paper In Fitzgerald s Gatsby, Gatsby is not great and ... the woman he loves, who is another man’s wife. Thus ... with a young lieutenant who is speaking to her with ... , a novice at love, who is obviously unused to dealing with ...
- Who Settles The Disputes? Essay, Research Paper Who Settles the Disputes? In any ... form of business, whether it is ... them allowed. Owners can easily hire or fire anyone with whom ...
- Who Was Mother Theresa Essay, Research Paper Who Was Mother Teresa? Mother ... the service being given in each place. Called to Religious ... in a district of Calcutta. Here she began a career teaching history ... and street people?the list is endless. Until her death ...