Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Hi! I?m Amanda. I chose to do my report on Minnesota because that’s where
I?m from. In fact, my whole family is from Minneapolis. I thought it would be
interesting to know more about where I came from. So sit back, relax, and enjoy
my report on Minnesota. Like all other states, Minnesota has many special
qualities of its own. The Norway pine is the state tree. The loon is the state
bird. The pink and white lady slipper is the lovely state flower. ?Star of the
North? is the state motto. Last but not least, the gopher is the state animal.
They are all very interesting and unique to Minnesota. Minnesota is a weird name
as many might think. That is because Indians made it up. In their language,
minne means ?water?, and sotah means ?sky-tinted?. In that case, the
nickname is ?Land of Sky Blue Waters?. There are over 4,757,757 people
living in Minnesota. The four biggest cities are Minneapolis, St. Paul, Duluth,
and Bloomington. Minneapolis is the biggest, but St. Paul is the capitol.
Minnesota is surrounded by the states of Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, and
North Dakota and Canada. I?ve visited many of these states, and I can tell you
that some of the nicest people live in Minnesota. In Minnesota, there are many
interesting places to go. Some of the most popular are the Boundary Waters Canoe
Area, the Mayo Clinic, Fort Snelling, the Glensheen Mansion, Ironworld USA, the
Minnesota Zoo, Murphy?s Landing, the Science Museum of Minnesota, Paul Bunyan
Land, The Guthrie Theater, and one of the most popular of them all (especially
me), the Mall of America. There are also many lakes, forests, state parks, and
sporting events. I never knew there could be so many places to go in one state.
Like many other states, Minnesota has its own ways of doing things. With natural
resources of fertile soil, important minerals, and thick evergreen forests, the
major industries are farming, mining, and the building of roads, office
buildings and hotels. The crops farmers grow are corn, oats, wheat, potatoes,
soybeans, peas, and many others. With all the big cities, I never knew there was
so much farming in Minnesota. Minnesota?s climate has four definite seasons.
Temperatures average around 68 degrees F in July and 2 degrees F in January.
Also, throughout the year, they get about 19 inches of rain and snow. It?s a
fun place to live if you like both summer and winter activities. There are many
historical facts about Minnesota. Long ago glaciers covered most of the land
that we now call Minnesota. Two famous French fur traders, Pierre Esprit
Radisson and Medart Chouart were the first white men to set foot on this land.
Before that, only Indians lived here. Another famous person, Sinclair Lewis (an
American novelist) lived in Minnesota. Some other interesting facts about
Minnesota are that it has the biggest mall in America (the Mall of America), and
one of the most well known rivers in America (the Mississippi river) begins
here. There are a lot of interesting things about Minnesota. When I chose to
write about Minnesota, I just did it because that’s where I was born. Until I
did this report, I never knew how interesting one state could be. Now that I
picked it, I feel I made a good choice. If I had to chose over again I wouldn’t
change my mind. After studying Minnesota, I?m very proud to say that?s where
- Auther Miller Essay, Research Paper Born in New York City in 1916 ,Arthur Miller graduation ... University of Minnesota Press 1964.) Focus (1945), an attack on anti-Semitism ... Timebends: A Life, in which he recalls his childhood in Brooklyn, the political ...
- Gifted People Essay, Research Paper Started in the 1970’s, America’s Gifted & ... no end to the amount of education that could ... has extra educational qualifications, he/she could be asked to ... time off. According to Mrs. Mansueto, unlike a “normal” teacher, a ...
- Abortion Essay, Research Paper Abortion In our media-intensive culture ... live outside the woman’s body. He says: I wonder if people ... ). Despite the absence of anti-abortion laws, most states ... right: In Los Angeles, a fetus can legally be sued Minnesota has a ...
- Education Of Gifted Children Essay, Research Paper Started in the 1970?s, America?s Gifted ... no end to the amount of education that ... has extra educational qualifications, he/she could be asked ... time off. According to Mrs. Mansueto, unlike a “normal” teacher, ...
- Sleepless In America Essay, Research Paper Sleepless in America Much like ... person lowers his amount of REM sleep he will feel groggy ... they should get a specific amount, because everyone is different. ... A test was done in a Minnesota school district to see how ...