Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
King Darius In Daniel Essay, Research Paper
Have you ever found yourself being a little too proud of your
accomplishments? I know, being a performer in a Christian singing group,
that it is easy to think that I am all that and a bag of chips. I usually get
punished or humiliated by God in some way. God works funny like that. It
seems that every time I think that I performed well someone tells me that
our performance was not all that it was cracked up to be. This is
extremely humbling and when looked back upon embarrassing.
King Darius in Daniel chapter six was full of himself. His administrators
conned him into writing a law that said that everyone had to worship the
King and no one else. The King thought that this was a very good idea
since he was the one that everyone would be worshipping; so he signed
the law. This was such a good idea, he was thinking, until one of the
administrators tricked him into writing the law. After writing the law one of
his administrators told him that Daniel, one of the Kings most trusted
administrators, was praying three times a day to the God of Abraham,
Isaac, and Jacob. When King Darius realized what had to be done, (that
Daniel was going to be thrown into the lions den) he mourned for an
entire day. After finding no possible solution Darius gave the order to
throw Daniel into the lions den. As the story goes, Daniel comes out of the
den untouched and the king praised the God of Daniel. He then made a
new decree saying that everyone in the kingdom should tremble with
fear before the God of Daniel.
King Darius is a lot like myself. He was very quick to be pridefil and it
caused much grief, but in the end God intervened. I find that when I feel
too proud something bad happens and I don’t mourn, but I am
saddened by the bad that has happened. I always know that in the end
God will change my heart and I hope that my own selfish nature will not
outweigh my love for my God. It is amazing to me that God knows the
particular ways to shoot down your pride. It does not matter if you are a
believer or not, God knows just how to push your buttons if he needs to do
so. He is not going to mess with doing something that will not affect you.
He wants to make a point and get to it as fast as possible. For me, the
approval of others is what drives my ambition to perform music for
people. God knows this, and he will strike my pride with a harsh comment
at the end of a performance or have someone write a letter to our
director pointing out specifically what went wrong. This also hurts my
pride, but I know that my pride, in the long run does not really matter. I
know that self gratification is not going to matter for long. I mean how
much time to we actually spend thinking that we are the best at
something, or that we have done a perfect job. Not much! And if we do
it is only for a brief few minutes of our lives. I would much rather spend my
few minutes reflecting on how God has blessed me with the talent that
he has given me instead of dwelling on how well of a performance that I
managed to pull off with God’s help.
The greatest thing about God is that he is all knowing but also that
he forgives endlessly. There is nothing I can do to repay my debt to God,
and there is no way that I can forgive myself for my sin, but God can do
all these things. And the best part is that he does so freely. It is so
amazing that through scripture God reveals that not everyone is perfect
even if they are in the Bible. The only perfect person to ever walk the
face of the earth is Jesus.
God used King Darius’ pride to form a stronger relationship with him.
The king obviously did not see the God of Daniel as the greatest, until he
saw that one a servant spared by God’s grace. Darius was looking for
some way to undo the wrong that he had created when he wrote the
law, but he found out that the problem was in God’s hands. After the
incident was over, the king realized that there is no one better than God
to solve problems. He also realized that his pride was an issue that he
needed to place in the hands of God and in the end that’s just where he
- Daniel The Dream Interperter Essay, Research Paper Daniel Celena Hairston Daniel, which means God is my ... the dream, so Daniel was called in. Daniel interpreted the dream saying ... people who were jealous of Daniel told King Darius of Daniels actions and ...
- Aids And Government Funding Essay, Research Paper Governing AIDS AIDS is a ... person. Most communities have drug abuse programs. These programs ... magical cure that will only knock off the infected cells ... mistake that was made(Daniel 62-70). In 1991 271, 000 ...
- The Montgomery Bus Boycott Essay, Research Paper The Montgomery Bus Boycott ... Canaan freedom” explained Dr. King. In the Cradle of the Confederacy ... to the school was a denial of the ?equal protection clause ... morning the sky was very dark with huge rain clouds ...
- ... Universal Deadly Sins Essay, Research Paper Three Universal Deadly ... enticements have existed evidently in belief systems and ... cattle” (Daniel 4:32). Like Arachne, a god punished King Nebuchadnezzar ... and Company, 1980. Buursma, Dirk R. The NIV Topical Bible. ...
- Revolutionary War: The Prelude Essay, Research Paper THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION - ... controversy a Maryland lawyer, Daniel Dulany, wrote that although ... King George III the duty on tea was retained, in ... the Americans–their uncouth dress and speech, their boisterous ...