Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Cask Of Amontillado Essay, Research Paper
At precisely 10:30 A.M. I got a call from a Mr. Machiano saying while renovating a palazzo his men found the bones of a human. When I got to the scene one of his employees showed me to the bones. The clothes were still on the carcass. I asked Mr. Machiano how the body was discovered, “My men were knocking down the walls and one of them found a skeleton with its clothes on, and that?s when I called you.” I asked whom he bought the palace from. “A man I would say in his early eighties, named Montresor.” I then left to learn about this person.. I found out that he is living with a cousin right near his old home. I decided to stop by and ask him a few questions hoping he will remember or know something. After about an hour of getting “I do not know. What are you talking about? Please leave.” I realized this was a waste of time and decided to go.
Later that night while eating dinner I decided the next morning I would go back to the crime scene to check for clues. The next morning I called Mr. Machiano and asked him to meet me at the palazzo. As I approached the body I began to feel a little queasy from last night?s dinner but luckily I brought some herbal tea to help soothe my stomach. Anyway, I began to search the ground around the body hoping to find some clues. I noticed a gold bracelet on the ground near the body, and it read Montrsor. I decided to do a little more research on this man. I went to the station and asked the secretary to show me the file on any person missing for more than 20 years. The list only had about five people on it with a brief description. There was a man by the name of Fortunato on it who has been missing for about 50 years. He was last seen wearing a motley. I then put two and two together and after some investigation, I found out that the carcass was indeed Fortunato. Later that afternoon I decided to visit Mrs. Fortunato. She took the news pretty well, but I guess she had a feeling he was dead She said “The last time I saw him was fifty years ago during carnival season.”
I went back to Montresor?s house and told him that “Next to Fortunato?s body was a gold bracelet with your name on it.” He still claimed to have nothing to do with the murder and had no idea how his bracelet got near the body. “It must have fallen off and sunk into the mortar.” When I said that I could sense his nervousness. I asked him if he was okay, then I heard him mumble something. I asked him to say that louder I could not quite hear that. He said “I killed him, and I do not even regret it.” He kept the murder a secret all these years because he did not want to go to jail. “Now you are definitely going to jail.” I felt kind of bad bringing an eighty year old person to jail, but I had no choice.
Four years later Montresor died. The Trumpino Towers was completed and a big success!
- The Cask Of Amontiallado Essay, Research Paper The Cask of Amontillado Anything not taken in moderation can be damaging. In one of Edgar ... him. The short story, “The Cask of Amontillado,” also contains a good deal of symbolism. The black silk ...
- The Cask Of Amontialado Essay, Research Paper The Cask of Amontillado Summary: The story begins with Montresor, the narrator, saying how he had ... the torch in and put the last brick in. Characters: Montresor: The owner of the Amontillado ...
- The Cask Of Amontilllado Essay, Research Paper Corey Macdougall Macdougall 1 Mrs. Jackson English period 5 The Cask of Amontillado The cask of Amontillado By ... Edgar Allen Poe is the story of a man ...
- ... Of Amontillado Essay, Research Paper Edgar Allen Poe, born on January 19, 1809, is one of the ... is “The Cask of Amontillado.” The main ... the death of Fortunato. “The Cask of Amontillado” starts out with Montresor, the narrator, saying, “The thousand injuries of ...
- The Cask Of Amontiallo Essay, Research Paper In the short story “The Cask of Amontillado,” Edgar Allan Poe writes in ... and justification for the actions. Bibliography Poe, Edgar Allan. “The Cask of Amontillado.” Perrine’s Story ...