Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Manifest Destiny Essay, Research Paper
For two centuries, Americans had been progressively taking over and establishing
a continent. People felt that westward expansion between the 17th century and the 1840s
was ?golden?, but dangerous. People felt it was feasible only through patient work and
timorous calamities. With each year of national growth, the confidence and power of the
people was magnified, and every step forward divulged a broader horizon. Americans
began to feel that the whole continent was to be theirs to do as they please with. It was
theirs to exploit and theirs to make into a great, unified nation. This was a land of
opportunity, a showcase to manifest the goodness of democratic institutions, tangible
proof that the Americans were God?s chosen people. John L. O?Sullivan, a journalist,
summed America?s new atmosphere up in a sentance in 1845. ?The fulffillment of our
manifest destiny to overspread the continent alloted by Providence for the free
development of our yearly multiplying millions?. Manifest destiny was the belief of
nineteenth-century Americans that their nation’s territorial expansion was inevitable and
ultimately a good thing, even for those being conquered. This conviction helped
Americans justify the aggressive acquisition of new territories in the 1840s and later in
the 1890s. Due to manifest destiny, politicl boundaries became insignificant and
expansion was occuring rapidly.
- Manifest Destiny Essay, Research Paper Introduction This paper takes a philosophical view of the Manifest Destiny phenomenon and attempts to provide ... throughout the nation. The idea of Manifest Destiny Doctrine became the torch, that lit the way for ...
- Manifest Destiny Essay, Research Paper MANIFEST DESTINY Manifest Destiny took place in the US in the mid-1800. Manifest Destiny was used among the ... the religious influence and the other is the need and desire for westward expansion. Manifest Destiny ...
- Manifest Destiny Essay, Research Paper Manifest Destiny What does the painting Manifest Destiny represent? Does it show an ... , are very hopeful of the future. As for the Indians, they are being ...
- ... Manifest Destiny, or territorial expansion. Manifest Destiny was the idea that it was the United States? destiny ... for these problems, territorial expansion is the number one reason. The idea of Manifest Destiny ...
- Animal Farm Essay, Research Paper SETTING The novel is set in Hertfordshire, ... He shows concern for the welfare and destiny of the animals and inspires them ... the Communist Manifesto. The second chapter also describes Manor Farm as the perfect setting for the ...