Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Racism In America Essay, Research Paper
No American should be a racist. There are so many people in the States, so many people with all different kinds of skin colors and everyone should accept each other. Everyone is an individual and there is no person who is inferior to another one.
Many people also think that racism doesn t exist in America. Political parties and social groups have tried to achieve equality among the races in the United States by saying racism is an issue from the past which should be forgotten, but racism is a way of thinking and it is very difficult to changes peoples way of thinking.
Racism is the belief that members of one or more races are inferior to members of other races. Usually, this attitude also involves the belief that one s own race is superior to other races. People are racists, by definition, claim that members of their own race are superior to those of others. Because racists think they are superior they believe they deserve special rights and privileges which they correspondingly deny to members of other races.
Racism is widespread and has caused major problems. Many people distrust or fear other people who look or act differently. Racism in the United States seems to be directed mainly by the white majority against racial or ethnic groups; such groups include Blacks, American-Indians, Mexican-Indians, etc. These minorities have been discriminated against in such areas as housing, education and employment.
Racism is a feeling that irritates us. It is something that people do not really understand. It can come to complications. These feelings are oppressing our world and holding us back from having a great planet. Many people don t realize how much racism hurts who you are talking about, but also everyone around you. You are seen as rude, inconsiderate, a bad person, and just plain stupid.
In the past the Ku Klux Klan have protested against foreigners in the United States. One of these groups was the Ku Klux Klan. The Klan was a very active group in the past and it is still alive today. This society is only about pure white supremacy and people of different cultures, beliefs and religions are hated. Racism is a problem that is still growing and there will always be people who laugh about other skin colors and make fun of it. This fact is what groups like the Klan feed off of. As long as they can find people to follow them, they will never die.
Equality between the races is something, which doesn t exist in the United States. There are several programs and laws which give people a guarantee of civil freedom and it is supposed to make sure that racism shouldn t have a negative influence in a human s life. In America there are already some people who are trying to change the communication between people from different nations. There are several groups that are trying to give the Blacks a better life in the United States. Everyone, Black or White, Liberal or Conservative, knows the conditions for many Blacks did change for the betterment of the Blacks. Many leaders tried adamantly for racial equality. Such great names as Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., and Jackie Robinson in baseball. There were many things that have changed for them, but not all changes were positive. The problem is still not solved.
Racism is often thought of in terms of skin color, but it is not only a problem of the Black Americans VS. White Americans. There is racism between Americans and Chinese, Japanese, and basically every race there is. During WWII Americans put Japanese in Relocation Homes because of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. It is a problem of all Americans and everyone has to try to make it better. The future of America depends on if this problem can be solved and how soon it can be solved.
The history of the Blacks in America is the history of America. Blacks are Americans and their destiny is the destiny of America. It is the same for the rest of the world.
We all have to learn, and to understand that we are all equal, that we all share the same planet, and that we have the same climate. People and their cultures depend on each other. Racism is a kind of illness. The society cannot get rid of it because there are still too many people who do not understand that we all live under the same sun, breathe the same air, and share the same world.
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper There is surely no nation in the world that holds “racism” in greater horror ... They were turned down in horror. Indeed, in America today, any club not ... do, is no different from deploring an excess of Whites. In fact, the ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper The Construction of an Institution ... that there are no genetic differences between races. In fact he ... findings showed that there was no difference at all genetically ... seem that there should be no reason for race and more ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper Racism in America “To Kill a Mockingbird” is a story about bravery and courage in a ... act of racial violence in 1990, had no reason to Blair 2 brutally ... examples of covert racism. “Since it is no longer politically ...
- Racism In America Essay, Research Paper Racism is an institution in America. It has ... attempted to alleviate inequality in America, The Department of ... comes from ignorance. No one will ever know ... . ?U.S. Study to Target Racism in Housing.? The Washington Post. ...
- Racial Equality In America Essay, Research Paper Matt Kalish 3/23/99 Racial Equality in America Throughout the history ... given advantages in America to which whites have no equivalent. A final reason African-Americans ...