Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper
As I take back a step and look at all the wrong that encompasses our world, the one
thing that sticks out to me the most is the problems that we have with drugs. Drugs flow
through our country like water does in a river and they don’t seem to cease. One of the most
highly abused drugs, marijuana, has become the foremost stimulant leading to harder and
deadlier drugs. What makes this case even worse is the fact that people have formed groups
with the sole purpose of legalizing this drug. With all the things people waste their time on, I
believe this one tops them all. I am clearly against the legalization of all drugs because as
research has shown, marijuana effects the human body in only negative ways.
To begin, marijuana has been proven to burn the chemicals in the brain which relate
to thinking habits and patterns, self esteem, and relationship traits. John Weber, author of
High Times magazine that promotes marijuana, says that even though marijuana can be
used to make manufactured materials and to help slow the spreading of the aids virus, the
drug still has the ability to negatively alter the way the brain functions. This alone should
keep people away from using this drug. In the same magazine, statistics show that there is a
60% decline in grades at the high school and college level. Marijuana also effects the body
as well as the mind. The preferred saying is that smoking one joint is equivalent to smoking
one whole pack of cigarettes at a time. The smoke intake from a joint will normally cause
the lungs of a human to become so overwhelmed that one might not be able to breath
properly causing a great deal of coughing. Also, the chemicals in the drug cause the body to
slow in the growing process, not allowing for a fully developed person neither physically or
mentally. What I believe the drug does best is attract users to other drugs. It is proven that
70% of the people that use marijuana will either drink alcohol or use stronger drugs. What
should be of some concern is that there are people fighting to legalize a drug whose side
effects lead to low grades, self esteem, a poor personality, and not to forget the desire to try
new things, including more harmful drugs.
The bottom line is that the drug is extremely harmful and can cause serious defects in
the human nature. The ideas that marijuana can provide us with an alternative to using trees
for paper and that it can help aids victims live longer is great. I am all for it. What I don’t
agree with is that it should be legalized, in order to be used for recreational times. I can say
from my own experience that this drug will not be a good choice for recreation. Sadly, I
have experienced just what this drug can do. When I was using marijuana, I became a cold
and stubborn person. I didn’t want to associate with people, my grades dropped immensely
in school, I found myself being lazy, and my attitude towards life in general became piss
poor. I was a frequent user, had a lot of fun, but watched two years of my life go down the
drain. Because I did this drug I lost friendships, trust in my family, and the respect of some
of my most admired peers. I fell into the trap and had to dig my way back out, rebuild my
life, and start afresh. When I am asked if it was worth it, I can always say no way!
In conclusion, I would like to leave you with a few lasting thoughts. First, would
you want your kid, if you have one, using this drug? Would you like to see bags of
marijuana in grocery stores or gas stations, sitting there for anyone in the general public to
buy? Second, how would you like wonder to what drug would be legalized next? Finally,
what do you think would happen to our great country if the most abused illegal drug became
as popular as cigarettes? Look how far along alcoholic beverages have come. It could
happen, but lets hope not!
- Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper In America, we have a drug ... those in need of medical relief. The first “rediscovery” of marijuana as a medicine came ... viewed as a setback to pro-marijuana activists, but they still believe that legalization ...
- Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper Currently, drugs remain high on the lists of concerns of Americans and are ... nation. As the users of Marijuana changed, the attitudes about the danger of Marijuana broke ...
- Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper For thousands of years the plant cannabis sativa, otherwise known as ... paper, as well as the first draft of the US Constitution. Marijuana ... presently illegal drug marijuana. The legalization of marijuana has long ...
- Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper From Munir Slaiman LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA: MEDICAL USE Cannabis or Marijuana as commonly known has been ...
- Legalization Of Marijuana Essay, Research Paper Marijuana is a plant, cannabis sativa, that ... drugs, such as SHAW13 marijuana, legally available in some type of government run ... drugs would be treated as medications instead of as criminal substances. This would ...