Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Medical Insurance Essay, Research Paper
MEDICAL INSURANCE IS NON-BENIFICIAL
The initial idea of medical insurance should have been a good idea as a way of
helping Americans afford medical bills in a case of emergency or just routine physicals
and check-ups. A lot of lower class Americans could not afford the treatment and would
therefore go without medical attention in both of these cases. In cases of emergency, they
would usually be put in to collection because they could not pay the bills after the
treatment. The government decided to set a plan to have humans insured, just like
automobiles, to supposedly make medical treatment available to all people – high, middle,
or low class. This should have been a good idea…however, I believe that it has only made
things less affordable.
By making this plan for insurance on human health, the insurance agencies are
making trillions upon trillions of dollars on people who would usually skip going to the
doctor for a common cold. Initially, the insurance policies were made to help in
emergency situations for people who had a broken a leg, or had to have major surgery and
could not afford the price of high-technology treatment. The insurance would have made
the customer pay about fifty dollars a month out of they?re hard-earned money whether
they were going to use it or not, for medical treatment. Still, the insurance did not cover
all of the expenses even though the customer is shelling out thousands of dollars,
sometimes for nothing. It is just another way for a large insurance business to make
people believe that they need to insure their own health, like they were a possession or an
item. Now people are paying for insurance that they seldom use, but feel better because
the business has made them believe that they cannot and will not live without medical
Another bad result of medical insurance is that it has turned the entire field of
medicine in to a financial playground of human life. Doctors are supposed to treat all
patients equally, as opposed to treating only those with insurance first, no matter what the
circumstance. People who cannot afford health insurance or are not offered the option by
their jobs are usually facing the problems of the prices that are now raised as a result of
the entire insurance idea. Not only is health insurance making the doctors care less about
their patients, it is also raising the prices higher on already outrageous medical bills.
In conclusion, I believe that the medical insurance idea is argumentive, because
there are a lot of repercussions that people may or may not have thought about. The
insurance companies are benifiting immensely, but are we? The prices of medical
treatments are rising, the doctor?s attention to actual patients as opposed to who has
insurance is diminishing, and less people are benefiting from health insurance. I do not
think that medical insurance should have been proposed in the first place. I do admit that
it should have been a benifit to Americans, but I have yet to see everyone benifit as
- Medical Ethics Essay, Research Paper Case Study: Mary Wilson is a ... of medical care and entitled to choose their physician. Private insurers would ... , eliminates most forms of private medical insurance. This plan is paid by ...
- Medical Article Essay, Research Paper December 21, 1999 ... as a form of “biological insurance” against such dreaded diseases. ... said there was a compelling medical argument against using a patient’s ... , transported it to a medical center at Stanford University. ...
- Family And Medical Leave Essay, Research Paper Families and Employers in ... shorter duration, and health insurance and other benefits were not ... also have Temporary Disability Insurance laws (TDI) which ... employers to recover health insurance costs from employees ...
- American Medical Association Essay, Research Paper American Medical Association One of the main ... -based to an individually-owned insurance system. Such a change would empower ...
- Insurance And Genetics Essay, Research Paper INSURANCE AND GENETIC TESTING Do you have health insurance? When you ... fund the medical care of those who cannot get insurance, although either ...