Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
THE GENEROSITY OF MY FATHER
My father, Delroy Powell, always has been a very generous person. He gave of
himself very often. He did this for his family, his friends, his community, his church and
even to strangers.
My grandmother told me that my father has always been like that. She said in the
early years of his life, when he was just 4 years old to be exact, he was given a little piggy
bank by one of his uncles with two dimes in it. He was saving to buy a little bike. One
afternoon a woman and a small child rang the doorbell begging for food and clothing.
My grandmother, at the time, was a struggling single parent who could hardly make both
ends meet. She apologized to the woman and told her that she had nothing to give to her
and then as she turned to close the door, Delroy ran to the door with his little piggy bank
with the 2 dimes and handed it over to the woman. She was moved to tears.
My father spent many hours, when not volunteering at the local children s hospital,
building beautiful furniture items in his woodwork shop, which he would immediately give
to one of his children, grandchildren, friends, or neighbors. My father made our garden 5
times larger than he and my mom needed so that there would be plenty of vegetable for
other people living in our community.
Even more remarkable was my father s commitment to community and
church projects, which often benefit persons whom he had never met. I am amazed at the
number of persons from a variety of communities who were touched by his generous
nature. This reminds me that we all need to get out of our own little worlds every once
in a while and reach out to someone else.
- My Antonia Essay, Research Paper My Antonia This remarkable piece of literature by Willa Cather is ... an example again, the reader sees her generosity when she offers Jim ... with disasters such as her father?s suicide and Donovan?s betrayal, and ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper The lost years 1586-1592 There is no documentary record of ... The warrant I have of your honorable disposition, not the worth of my ... to that profuse Generosity the present Age has ... James Burbage, father of Richard. The ground landlord was ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper A Waif in the Wind of Obsessive Corruption! A professor once asked me ... to the feather; he too will be buffeted by the winds of ... the joyful innocence and generosity of the central character, the loving determination of his mother, and the ...
- Basics Of Chinese Buddhism Essay, Research Paper Who was the Buddha ? 1.1. Early Life of Luxury ... Gautama or Sakyamuni, the wise man of the Sakya . His father was told be ... example, generosity results in wealth in the next life. The Five Precepts The five ...
- ... boy with his looks, generosity, and splendid voice. Of course, all this ... money at the feet of his father, and said ?I used to say, ?my father, Peitro ... di Bernardone?, but now I shall only say ?Our Father, who ...