Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Caught In the Act
?Just take it,? Shiloh whispered excitedly. Holding out a innocent looking ball point pen.
Looks are deceiving though, because folded into that simple black pen was a piece of paper that
decided fate. That paper contained the answers to our fifth period history test. At this point in our
young lives that paper was worth more than gold. Despite this, I still hesitate. I mean, yeah, I?ve
cheated before, but nothing like this. Memories of last night drift through my thoughts, when I
was supposed to be studying for this test today. In actuality, I was watching a special double
episode of 90210. The breath of fear washes over me and I slowly take the pen. Shiloh grins.
?Now, just don?t get caught, Shilo stated somberly, with raised eyebrows. The serious
moment having passed, Shiloh smiled and waved goodbye, as she hurried off to some unknown
place. I stared at Shiloh?s bobbing blond ponytail while she ran. The annoyingly loud bell rang,
echoing painfully in my numb head. The bell woke me from my daze and brought me back to
reality. The bell for fifth period. I shuddered with the realization, that the time had come to take
?Why didn?t you just study?? I scolded myself. Then you wouldn?t be in this position, I
thought bitterly. Then you wouldn?t have to cheat. A thick ball of fear settled into the pit of my
stomach, as I merged in with the crowd of students headed back to class. Walking, I noticed the
front gates out of the corner of my eye. I really wished that I could just walk through them right
now. My friend Joey caught up to me suddenly, and linked arms with me. We talked as we
walked and Joey noticed the pen. He didn?t say anything though, just gave me a look that said, “I
can?t believe you?re going to cheat. I tried to smile at him and squeezed his hand before walking
over to my seat.
The bell rang again announcing the start of class and the fairly young teacher began
calling out the roll. Within minutes the teacher was buzzing around, passing out test papers, and
answer sheets, while yelling for people to put away their belongings. Hurry up people, I thought.
I wanted to get this over with. After she finished passing out the tests, the teacher made her way to
the door. She yelled for us to go ahead and start, she would be right back. Thousands of nervous
butterflies swarmed into my body, and my blood grew hot with anticipation, this was my chance.
Quickly my hands flew to my backpack and snatched the precious token. I dismantled it and
unrolled the paper, it was typed very small and neatly. I glanced around as I slid my heat sheet
beneath my answer sheet. Instantly I made eye contact with my teacher and gasped, I hadn?t
noticed her come in, that worried me. Had she seen me? I watched her for a moment trying to
decide if she had. But she was busy shuffling some papers, and telling the class clown Tyler to
shut up. It looked as though I was in the clear. The eye contact was only coincidence. I started
to feel panicky again as I slowly slid the cheat sheet back out. With a blank expression I quickly
copied the entire thing. Every few seconds my eyes crept around searching for any sign of alarm.
About ten minutes later I slid back in my chair and breathed a sigh of relief. Rolling my little life
saver back up I placed it back into the pen it came in. Looking around I realized that I was the
only one done. The teacher looked at me with a look of question. Leaning over my desk I
doodled on the wooden top, in effort to look busy, and hard at work to the teacher. The minutes
felt like hours in that class period. Finally some of the other students started finishing and handing
in their papers. Only once I felt that a good quarter of the room had handed in their tests, did I get
up and walk up to the teachers desk. She was looking straight at me while I heading towards her.
Instantly I was nervous again. My skin grew increasingly warm, and my palms started sweating,
in contrast with the winter cold atmosphere of the room. She grabbed my test as I was setting it
down and started flipping through it.
?It looks like you?ve done very well,? she muttered. She put the test done and looked at
me. ?You never done very well before, you didn?t have any help did you?? She continued
sarcastically. I must have gotten a scared expression on my face because she lowered her tone and
softened her face ever so slightly.
?Did you cheat?? Her question pulsated through my head. I was caught cheating! The
other kids were all staring up at them. I nodded my head yes as my eyes stung with tears. As she
took out a referral slip to the Principals office, I took a deep breath and forced myself to hold back
my tears of fear. What was going to happen to me, I wondered as I went to gather my stuff. I
took the slip from my teacher and walked out the door. As soon as I left the kids in the class
began chattering excitedly. And the teacher yelled for them to quiet down. I knew that the whole
school would know about my failed cheating attempt by the end of the day. I listened to a long
lecture by the Principal, who informed me that he would be meeting with my parents.
Later on that day as I as walking home I found that ball point pen that had caused me all
this trouble. Disgusted I threw it as far as I could. It hadn?t
- Dreaming In The 1960s Essay, Research Paper In 1962, Dr. Martin Luther King, ... passed the Civil Rights Act, and in 1965 they passed the Voting Rights act. The Civil ... ones, "and the growing cost of American lives coming home in body bags ...
- ... In The Crucible Essay, Research Paper Conscience in The Crucible Conscience is the awareness of right and wrong. In the ... in Act One. Here it is established that theologically the minister, in ... it in her own way. The girls dance in the woods and cast spells ...
- Women In The Pentateuch Essay, Research Paper Societies in the ancient Near East were of the patriarchal type. ... committed the act of adultery, it was punishable by death. The same act ... , cast off wife and exploited worker becomes the first person in the bible ...
- Motivation In The Workplace Essay, Research Paper Fundamentals of Motivation One of the most important things to ... . What motivates an individual to act in a given way? Let’s look ... time, cost, and quality limits. Interest-friendship group: formed on the basis ...
- Racism In The Household Essay, Research Paper “Attack the Source”"I have a dream that my ... than other races. Racism in the home is extremely prevalent on ... its self, and how to act around other animals. If ... treated but if it is caught too late it could be deadly ...