Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Integration Essay, Research Paper
The dictionary defines integration as a way to make schools, parks, and other facilities available to people of all races on an equal basis. Before 1960, both black and white americans alone have basically lived seperately, in society itself, but kind of in their own way. Now of course in todays society integrating blacks and whites, isn t as quite as a problem that it used to be during the 1960 s and 1970 s.
Now during the time periods 1960 and 1970, integration was introduced into the white schools. The reason this was able to happen, is because before 1960 all of the black schools were unequal in comparison to the white schools having better facilities and more useful supplies to be taught with. Thus resulting in discrimination against the blacks ability to be educated at the same rate as the white schools.
As a result of this, the majority of the white society came together and rebeled against the governments decision to integrate schools. Such problems that occered during this whole dispute was rioting, both outside the schools and inside as well. Which then resulted in the black society to stand up for themselves and become more involved in what s going on. Because of this whole disagreement between the two races, the black students that attend the integrated schools, well they were caught in between everything that happened and everywhere.
In conclusion, I feel that because of society changing so quickly back then, equality itself had a chance to turn out very much successful. Now on the other hand I felt that even though the timing was just perfect for this to happen, integration wasn t. I feel that it didn t have enough time to evolve into society. Such reason that because of it s eagar ability to become one with society, it could as very well leave another loop hole to which more problems could occur. Such that in the early 1800 s, around 160 years since integration was introduced. White settlers took vast areas of land from the American Indians and then forced them into moving on reservations.
- The Failure Of Integration Essay, Research Paper The Failure of Integration Integration is to end the segregation of and bring ... membership in society as defined by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Personally I believe this ...
- Middle Adulthood 2 Essay, Research Paper The Dictionary of Social Work roughly defines middle adulthood as the period between ... for Erikson’s last stage of the lifecycle: integrity vs. despair and she ... her life choices with much integrity.
- Computer Ethics Essay, Research Paper The computer is considered one of the most technological ... programs be responsible for the integrity and appropriateness of computer ... behavior or begin with a clearly defined dictionary definition of ethics. “A set ...
- Sportsmanship Essay, Research Paper The theories of sport mirroring society, ... insports should be eliminated. The American Heritage Dictionary defines sportsmanship as, “an act ... have learned morals, ethics, and integrity from their athletic experiences. Student ...
- ... agreed pace between the two professionals. Each preceptee is an ... English National Board 1987). The dictionary defines an assessor as an ... is the danger of preceptorship becoming a paper exercise ... and the values, attitudes and goals integral to the profession ...