Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Deer Hunting Essay, Research Paper
There are many things to do in the fall. One of my
favorite things to do is to go deer hunting. To me it is
more than just hunting, it is a time to get away and be with
nature. There is nothing more relaxing to me than sitting
in my treestand with a nice cool breeze, knowing that there
is no one around. It is such a nice feeling that I don t
always want to leave.
The spot where I like to hunt is down an old country
road directly off the highway. On the right hand side of
the road there is a field. Through the field there is a
path just big enough to fit a vehicle. Sometimes when the
corn is really tall, the path is hard to find. I have missed
it on a couple of occasions. The path is about two football
fields long. You have to watch really closely to where
you re going because there are many holes where the rain has
eroded some of the dirt and rocks. At the end of the path
there is a clearing. In the middle of this clearing there
is a big pond where the deer like to get water. To the left
side of the pond there is another field. This whole area is
surrounded by woods. After I get my camouflage on and get
everything else ready, I walk to my treestand. My treestand
is on the opposite side of the pond. While walking around
the pond I often hear frogs jumping in the water at the
sound of my footsteps. I always see a turtle or two
sticking their heads up out of the water for some air.
Occasionally I will see some fish swimming. It is a long
walk to my stand, but I enjoy seeing all the wildlife. By
the time I get to my stand I am ready to sit down, but first
I have to climb about twenty feet in the air to my seat. I
try to get as high as possible so the animals can t see me.
When I get comfortable and secured to the tree, I can
finally sit down and relax. Being away from people just
seems to make me feel a lot better about everything. It
puts me in a good mood. There is just something about being
outside in the woods that makes you feel worry and trouble
Sitting in my stand is one of my favorite things to do.
While sitting in my stand, I m surrounded by trees. No
matter where you look, that s all you see. When the leaves
start to change, it is one of the most beautiful things
anyone could ever see. One time I was sitting in my stand
when a squirrel came along and started barking at me. He
did this for almost half an hour. It is nice to see so many
different animals running around. There are always
squirrels rummaging around for nuts for the winter.
Sometimes I see a rabbit hopping along or a chipmunk running
through the fallen leaves. Once in a great while I might
catch a glimpse of a coyote looking for food also. The
sounds that the squirrels and chipmunks make are mistaken
for deer every once in a while. It really gets my
adrenaline pumping in anticipation, even though there isn t
really a deer. I also Like to watch the different kinds of
birds. It seems like there is always a woodpecker in a
nearby tree making a bunch of noise. There are also a lot
of Quail around. The quail have a distinctive whistle that
gives lets me no they are quail. When the wind blows really
hard you can t hear anything else even if you wanted to.
The wind also moves the tree I m in, too. This can get kind
of scary sometimes. One time I was climbing up the ladder
to my stand and the wind picked up, it just about threw me
off the ladder. You have to be careful on windy days so
that the wind doesn t blow your scent to the deer. Deer
have a really good scence of smell, they can smell you
before you can see them. One time there were a few deer off
in the field near the pond. I was getting ready to walk to
my stand when the wind blew my scent that way. I could see
the deer lift their heads and sniff at the air. After they
did that they turned around and ran the other way. I don t
mind not seeing deer when I go out hunting. I know they are
there it just takes time.
Deer hunting is a lot of fun if you love the
outdoors,and if you have a lot of patience. Deer hunting is
about 90% luck and 10% skill. If you need time to get away
with no one around I would suggest deer hunting. It gives
you a lot of time to relax and enjoy the great outdoors
without having to worry about anything else. That is why I
enjoy deer hunting.
- Hunting Essay, Research Paper The Evils of Hunting Hunting is an unnecessary activity in ... for the people who are hunting for their livelihood. (Satchell 30) Over ... percent of deer struck are retrieved and put out of their misery ...
- Hunting Essay, Research Paper Hunting Hunting is good in many ways. Hunting helps to stabilize deer so they don ... . This creates a scene where there is a dead deer carcass on the lawn ...
- Apathy Towards Hunting Essay, Research Paper Apathy Towards Hunting When I was around eleven years ... to go deer hunting more than anything else I could remember. There was ... first hunting experience. Again I didn’t kill a deer and after three years of hunting ...
- Deer Hunting Imagine yourself perched twenty feet up in a tree at six o? ... enjoyable leisure sport? Whitetail deer hunting is a very popular winter ... in Mississippi in 1998. Deer hunting may seem to be ... and this lures deer in by curiosity. Deer hunting is a very ...
- Gremlin Hunting Essay, Research Paper Gremlin’ Hunting Brandon thought that he could ... . But at that moment, the door to the makeshift camp opened ... ?” Georgie said proudly as the three veteran hunters stood a safe distance ...