Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
England is a country, and I?m glad I came from it. There are lots of fun things you can do, and a lot of famous sites you can visit. Even though it is far away it really isn?t that different from the US.
In England the style of clothing is not much different from here. In the summer they wear shorts and short sleeve shirts. In the winter they wear pants and long sleeve shirts. Their climate isn?t much different than ours so that?s why the style of close is so closely related.
A typical Sunday dinner in England is roast beef “which there is called a joint,” vegetables, and pie with hot custard sauce. A common snack is fish or french fries. Most people drink tea at most of their meals, but a strong deal of people drink coffee.
There are lots of interesting facts about England. The capital of England is London, and the official language spoken in England is English. England has a national song which is “God Save the Queen.” In 1986 an estimate of the population in England was 46,821,000. The highest point in England is Scafell Pike, 3,210 ft, and the lowest point in England is The Fens, sea level.
In England there is a lot of sites to see, and one of the greatest would be the Tower of London. It is a great fortress, with not to pleasurable memories. In there Queen Elizabeth 1 and Sir Walter Raleigh were imprisoned. Anne Buleyn was killed there. You could take a tour deep below the castle to see the beautiful crown jewels.
England is also famous for the Buckingham Palace. There is where the Queen of England lives. At the Buckingham Palace you can see a wonderful ceremony called the Changing of the Guard. In this ceremony men with red tunics and black helmets march down the street.
One major thing England is famous for is Big Ben. Big Ben is a really big clock tower. This clock determines the right time for every clock in the world.
The main reason for by people coming to America was for a better life. In England people were having a hard time so they would come to America to restart their lives. They also came in exploration
- Education In England Essay, Research Paper England has one of the finest ... , are in England. The country’s largest traditional university is the University of ... has no regular classrooms. Instruction is carried out through the radio ...
- England In 19Th Essay, Research Paper England went through dramatic changes ... The issue this essay will deal with is Imperialism and how ... contact with barbarians the struggle is short except where a ... The issue this essay will deal with is Imperialism and how ...
- ... city, and chief port of England is London, with a population (1991 preliminary ... Divisions For local governmental purposes, England is divided into 39 nonmetropolitan counties ... and former counties of England, each of which is described in a separate article ...
- The Homeless In England Essay, Research Paper The Homeless in England Introduction I decided to study the ... that some of the homeless is that by their own choice ... - or part- time. The problem is that people earning a minimum wage ...
- ... England Essay, Research Paper Andrew Battaini 2/16/00 Industrial France and England ... Revolution on France and England. England started its Industrial ... the industrial revolution in England shows that it ... pay taxes. Therefore it is shown that the impact ...