Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Continued Education Essay, Research Paper
These two words that can change your life with in as little as two for most course. But there is still a lot of issues that needs to be addressed when you are think about to continuing your education and that is what we will be discussing for the next few minutes.
The Need for Higher Standards
The effort to raise learning standards for adult literacy is linked directly to the K-12initiative. The need for higher standards for adults and parents is evident. that one of the most important influences on student test scores is the level of parental education. Other research offers compelling evidence of this important link.
? Statistical profiles of schools with low or declining performance show that these schools serve comparatively high percentages of students whose parents havelimited or no English language proficiency, have not completed high school, read at less than an eighth grade level, and currently receive public assistance. Most of these schools do not offer comprehensive adult education and training programs.
? The 1996 Kid’s Count data indicate that 43 percent of New York State’s fourth
graders score below the basic reading level and 41 percent score below the basic
? The 1994 State Adult Literacy Survey (SALS) indicates that approximately 25
percent of all learners served in adult basic education programs function below the sixth grade reading level and 69 percent of all learners in English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) programs function at the lowest two levels of English language proficiency. As New York State begins to implement new Welfare Reform legislation, the challenges for and demands on adult education will be even greater.
? Over half of adult welfare recipients do not have a high school diploma or the
equivalent and more than 40 percent have limited literacy skills.
? Projections indicate that almost 50,000 recipients in our State have a disability and a large number are significantly impaired in obtaining work by disabilities resulting from alcohol and/or substance abuse.
? The new legislation requires all teen parents under age 20 who lack a high school diploma or equivalent to enroll in an approved program leading to a high school diploma or the equivalent.
? Citizenship preparation will also be in demand with as many as 200,000 legal
immigrants losing eligibility for federal assistance. The generic employability skills identified by the Secretary’s Commission on Achieving
Necessary Skills (SCANS) have been incorporated by the Board of Regents into the Career Development and Occupational Studies learning standards (CDOS). Both are provided as addenda in this guide. Supplemental adult education curriculum materials are under development to link the learning standards to citizenship preparation CDOS. These will be available at a later
One of the most important issues is money, when ever you think about school the first thing that comes to mind is money, how much it will cost how long will you have to pay it off and how long will you be in school for, now there are a few options that you can take to get money for school, one way is to get a loan for the full amount of your tuition or a percentage. Some of the loan institutions will give you a time frame in which you can pay it monthly and or defer your payments until you graduate school.
The draw back of get a loan, one of the draw back with a loan is that most people find to be paying these loan for most of there lives after they have finished with achool. But the majority of the population real try to avoid doing this or try to take as little money as possible.
Another option which is one of the more feasible option is to get a tuition reimbursement , now there is a few ways to get a reimbursed from company’s. If you are employed with a company that has a tuition reimbursement program, basically what this program is that they will give you a certain percentage for the grade you have achieved for example if you receive an A average they will pay 60% of your tuition or a B average they will pay 50% of your tuition. This will vary with certain company’s.
Grants, you can apply for a grant thought the school most of these grant will depend on your previous GPA from High School, some grants will pay for most and or all of your tuition this is if you you meet the requirement for the grant that you apply for. The draw back with a grant is that there not guarantied until you receive the grant and there types of funds you do not have to pay back
- Education Essay, Research Paper WHAT ARE SCHOOLS FOR? ... had a chance to continue their education by blending school and ... performance. Yet our system continues to use only the results ... continue to lessen, ultimately affecting our future. Those who say education ...
- Education Essay, Research Paper Education is a learning process that determines a ... huge decision to make. I could continue to be friends with these ... like a senior. As he continued to talk he said, You ... boring if I would have continued on the same path towards ...
- Education Essay, Research Paper . Kozol feels that ... inequality of education will lead to continued inequality all ... share with respect to education and education finance. The liberals ... my personal experience in the education system, I have demonstrated ...
- Education Essay, Research Paper P H I L O S O P H Y S T A T E M E N T I believe that Early Childhood centres ... Early Childhood Educator to work as a team member, where each member ... teachers to be involved in a continuing process of professional development to ...
- Education Essay, Research Paper Everyday a middle class child ... of her upbringing and her educational back round. Hooks is ... repercautions of a canonical outlook on education. If we sucummb to a ... a Democratic society, we will continue to be “vibrant and dynamic ...