Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Jackson In Office Essay, Research Paper
Jackson sure did make the ages more democratic. 3 times more people voted in
1828 than in 1824. A lot of people won the right to vote because of suffrage. Jackson also
did not ignore the small towns like others did.
I guess you could have called Jackson an equal man at times. Jackson tried to pay
attention to every one not just the important ones. Jackson included small towns not just
the Cities. Jackson gave equakity to the people. Jackson destroyed the National bank
which was supposed to help small people and small towns.
There was a big growing of democracy while Jackson was in office. There were
tons of new voters. Three times more people voted in 1828 than in 1824. Many of the new
voters lived in the frontier states. Life on the frontier states encouraged a democratic spirit.
The voters in the Westeren states usualy started life very poor. but trough hard work they
prospered. There were also many new voters in the east. Several states dropped the
requirement that voters owned land. therefore a large number of craftsworkers and
shopkeepers won suffrage, the right to vote. still with these new conditions many people
did not have the right to vote. These included women, native americans and most black
americans. In the late 1820 s, new political parties had grown up. The Republican Party
had been the major party for years bt due to different politiacal opinions it split up. People
who supported Adams were called Whigs. Jackson and his supporters took on the name
Democrats which is still one of the major political parties. In the past all parties had held a
Caucus. In the late 1820 s both parties started using a Nominating convention
Democracy took a hug leap in the age of Jackson. As you have seen there were
many ways the country got better with the help of democracy.
- Jacksonian Democracy 2 Essay, Research Paper Jacksonian Democracy The Jacksonian’s view of themselves is accurate in all but a few ... the white people living in America. With Jackson in office each day the common man ...
- Andrew Jackson A Tyrant Essay, Research Paper Andrew Jackson “I cannot be intimidated from doing ... of the United States. Once in office Jackson immediately showed signs of bad ... to be believed because Jackson put his friends in office to override the ...
- Profiles In Courage Essay, Research Paper John F. Kennedy, the author of Profiles in Courage, felt ... had negative relations with President Jackson. Benton supported the Missouri ... thirds vote requirement) to keep Jackson in office. Career failure haunted him ...
- ... Prevention In America Essay, Research Paper Crime Prevention in America Juvenile crime in the ... brighter. Bibliography Intervention. Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency ... Publications, 1995. Juvenile Department, Jackson County. 1997 Report on Programs ...
- ... Parties In Us Essay, Research Paper Political Parties There are numerous political parties in the ... the Whig Party. Andrew Jackson was elected president in 1828. Most historians ... Jackson. William H. Harrison was a member of the Whig Party. He died in office ...