Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The English Patient Essay, Research Paper
As followed by the big hit of Titanic?s great tragedy love story . It seems that
love romantic stories are in favour to touch people?s deep feelings.
The English Patient, ” however, is a great epic romance novel. It’s an
extravagance of the romantic spirit, a yearning for passion. A immoral love story
between one man(Almasy) and a married woman(Katharine). Also a nurse?s love and
care toward his patient. Style of the novel uses the in-between of past and present. Backward into
memory, forward into loss and desire, the lost of Almasy?s physical appearence, his love
and the desire to survive after he was badly burned and lost memory dued to plane crush.
And later on, how himself and others discovered his unpleasnat past.
The novel is mostly focus on the patient(as Almasy)?s inner conflicts. Why he
hidden his past to others and how he began to face it after a man named Caravaggiuo
who was suffered from Almasy?s betrayal of England, and came for revenge.“Why follow me? Escort me, by all means, but to follow me . . .” It is clear to both of
them that they are in love. .“The English Patient” searches for
answers that will answer nothing. the famous novel
by Michael Ondaatje circles down through layers of mystery until all of the puzzles in the
story have been solved, and only the great wound of a doomed love remains.
attention to fragments of memory that evoke feelings even before we understand what
they mean.Also, as its grand contrapuntal themes of fidelity and betrayal, of death and
rebirth, play themselves out, a fierce longing for a moral order emerges as well. Michael
Ondaatje’s novel amasses hypnotic power and tremendous cumulative impact, suggesting,
in its resolutely nonlinear way, fragments of ecstasy and pain breaking loose from the
of an ocean of memory, floating upward into recollection. It’s emotion recollected not in
Wordsworth’s tranquility, but in rueful, elliptical pulses.
- The English Patient Essay, Research Paper In Michael Ondaatje?s novel The English Patient, the author demonstrates how dreadful the time of the war ... up bridges as they left.? (The English Patient, 60) The allies released the English patient and he was ...
- ... as vast. Perhaps this is because of the ways in which the English patient ... ample amount of water. The English patient speaks of water as the ” . . . ghost between ... as he does in the present. Hana, Caravaggio, and Kip believe that the English patient ...
- English Patient Essay, Research Paper The English Patient, directed by Anthony Minghella, is a romantic, melodramatic film which defines the art ... theme as the soldiers celebrate the birthday of Jesus Christ The bars on the window ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper Delaware December 7,1787 Delaware’s Dover Air Force Based houses the ... Burned English Tea”. This was known as the “York Tea Party” After the Revolutionary ... . The two smaller regions are the Northern and Piedmont Highlands. The Atlantic ...
- The Lost Czar Essay, Research Paper The dynasty of Romanov started ... Anna from the beginning because she was a patient in an ... insane institute in Germany. The Romanovs ... English bank for his daughters. She further explained that as soon as ...