Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Modern Christianity Essay, Research Paper
Now a day too many people are loosing their focus in life. We have
heard that people are committing suicide everyday around in our
community. In many of these occasions, religion has played a big role
in saving many of these victims from the overwhelming pressures of our
society. Religion has acted as a shelter that provides a peaceful
environment and hope for guidance for these lost victims. Among that,
becoming a Christian is what many have sought for. Two years ago, an
eighteen years old high school friend of mine who is a typical American
teenager lived in a perfect family of four had tried to commit suicide.
It was astonishing when I found that he almost killed himself after he
broke up with his girlfriend of six years. He simply thought that it
was the end of the world when this had happened to him. He thought that
his life would be no longer important and meaningful to this world.
Luckily, at the very last moment of killing himself, his friend saved
him. It happens that his friend knocked on the door of the bathroom at
the right moment while he was trying to cut through his own wrist.
After talking with this friend, who happened to be a Christian, he told
him that there was a lot more in life that he should hold on to. He was
then convinced that he could find what he had lost and would be able to
realize how valuable a life is by becoming part of the big family,
Christian, that is. He then became a born-again Christian ! in the
following weekend. My friend although knew absolutely nothing about
Christianity and he had never even read Bible, finally joined the big
Another friend of mine who happened to be a really mature guy, living
in his early 30^s had realized that he was diagnosed with prostate
cancer and was being told that he would not live longer than 2 years.
Before he got this disease, he used to be really energetic and hopeful
for everything that he did. After realizing how much time he could have
left in life, his personality made a huge swift to the opposite. He
began to have no hopes in his life because he thought that he could die
in any seconds. At that point of his life, he had totally lost his
focus of himself and what is about to happen later on in his life. One
day at the hospital, during a schedule psychological therapy those
cancer patients were urged to take. He was convinced to become a born
again Christian. Many other cancer patients at the therapy session
suggested that he could have more security and confidence in his life
if he believes in God and let God to cure him. A year after of what
had happened to these two friends of mine who became born-again
Christians, I noticed something funny. These two friends of mine went
to church every single weekend when they first became Christian. Later
on they seldom went to church. I talked to them recently, I have found
out that both of them neither go to church at all nor know anything
about Christianity. It is completely true that becoming a born-again
Christian at the beginning really helps people to find themselves back
and to get a focus in life once again. The problem is, instead of
treating Christianity as a religion or faith; many people in these days
are just using it as a handy medicine to cure life and reality
problems. Christianity has become a really widely used antidote to
stimulate and balance the society pressures and problems. The
traditional type of being a true and genuine Christian does not exist
or being practice anymore. Becoming a Christian is like a fashion or a
hip-hop thing to do in today^s life. The Ten Amendments, the Bible
beliefs and the original concept of becoming a Christian are vanishing.
My impression is Christianity now a day is like ^You take this antidote
when you need it, and you simply put it back into the medicine cabinet
when you don^t need it anymore^
- Christianity Essay, Research Paper Christianity Analysis Christianity was traditionally understood to be ... the Southern shore of the Mediterranean and into Spain. By 1550 ... the deceased teacher. They celebrate New Years, harvest festivals and anniversaries ...
- Christianity Essay, Research Paper Christianity, the most widely distributed of ... and West has continued into modern times, despite repeated attempts at ... and legislated practical reforms. However, new divisions continued to appear. Historically ...
- Christianity Essay, Research Paper A common type of ... new religions like New Age, Wicca and other Neopagan religions. Christianity ... as the only true Christians. They maintain separate religious ... different from those of modern Christians. We receive many critical ...
- Modern Era Essay, Research Paper Alan Catic (CPO #119) ... its origins among Bible-believing Christians of the seventeenth century. ... known for ushering in new forms of manufacturing and ... factories, concentrated labor, and new machinery, too expensive for the ...
- Evolution Vs Christianity Essay, Research Paper Evolution vs. Christianity The concept of evolution has ... producing new organs (112). Charles Darwin has had a great effect upon modern ... as the fact that many modern Christians have come to embrace, to ...