Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Throughout history many people have formed together to create civilizations. Some civilizations were quickly eliminated. Others lasted for centuries. Three prime examples of long lasting civilizations were the Aztec, Maya, and Inca Empires. All existed in Central and South America. All thrived, which resulted in advancements in many fields that were equal, and often better than those made in Europe. All three could be called great civilizations. This raises the question, what makes a civilization great? Along with the question of which civilization was the greatest.
The single most important measurement of how great a civilization is how content its people are. If the members of the civilization are not content the civilization will not flourish economically, culturally, or otherwise. Happiness, or the desire to have happiness, is the main cause of the creation, and longevity of great civilizations. When the majority of the people in a civilization are content they are more productive and more law-abiding. When a vast majority of the population is content more innovations and more improvements come from that civilization.
If there is unrest in a nation it is impossible for that nation to prosper. An unhappy civilization simply will not last. When people are unhappy, they are unproductive, unruly, and constantly questioning their leaders. This can lead to a coup, a total collapse, or an invasion by another civilization.
The Aztec, Maya, Inca Empire all obviously had content peoples. They all were successful, thriving civilizations. Of the three civilizations it is debatable which was the greatest. However, in this writer?s opinion the Aztec Empire was the greatest of the three because their people were the most content.
The Maya and Inca had admirable achievements. The Maya excelled in Math and had a very accurate calendar. The Inca had a system of assembly line type trade routes and were very wealthy. However, this cannot compare to the great accomplishments of the Aztec Empire.
The Aztec Empire existed for hundreds of years. The Aztecs built gigantic temples with superior architectural design. Some of the original pieces of the Aztec?s grandest temple, The Temple of the Sun, is still standing in Mexico City. The Aztecs used the advanced agricultural method of hydroponics. Hydroponics was a highly advanced method in which vines were spread across a lake and produce was planted and grew in the water. The Aztecs were the first civilization to utilize the cocoa bean. Additionally, the Aztecs discovered an accurate calendar. Also, the Aztecs had a structured educational system and a sewer system
With so many accomplishments and luxuries it is easy to see why the Aztecs were so content. The Aztec people lived peaceful, comfortable lives. War was merely ceremonial, and disease was at a minimum. The Aztecs had even discovered a way to perform cataract surgery uses sharp pieces of rock. Even if you were a common person you would work very few hours a day. As a whole the Aztecs were very happy people. They were born into a healthy environment and were educated well. They could look forward to living very happy lives with extravagant ceremonies and generally happy lives.
No matter what conditions in which a civilization founded, it has been proven that to thrive in anytime period, anywhere in the world the people in that civilization must be content. The contentment of the people in a civilization is what ultimately leads to success. The Aztecs are a prime example. The Aztecs lived good lives. They had many amenities that most other civilization at the time did not have. They were not constantly warring with rival tribes. This contentment built the Aztec Empire and proved that happiness equals greatness.
- ... the high civilizations of the American Indians at the time of the Spanish conquest. Both the Aztecs ... had 260 days in it. Each day was given a name and ... growth of trees and vines encouraged the slash-and-burn farming method. The ...
- ... the north or northwest. The Toltec civilization gradually replaced the older, agricultural civilization ... , two each from the Jaguar ... The social structure of the Aztecs is very interesting. A person called the Great Speaker was the ... about the Aztecs. Research is ...
- The Aztec Indians created a great civilization in Central Mexico, reaching its peak in the 1500 ... the Aztecs thought the universe was like. The sun god is in the middle, with the ...
- ... to the Aztecs of Mexico ... to research the increasing ... the Great Spirit came to the people of the earth. He told them of the ... civilizations. We are now approaching the ... the time of purification. The first two shakings correlate with the two world wars, and each ...
- ... 120). Around 900 A.D., the Mayan peoples began the “Great Descent,” in which they ... make the Toltecs, themselves, civilized. The Aztecs were by far the most popular civilization ... research on the subject. Looking at the dates, I made a startling discovery. The ...