Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Air Pollution Essay, Research Paper
Here?s a little introduction to this project.
There are always two ways to look at something. There is the good way, which in this case would mean looking at all the positive effects that human intervention has created, These are very few if there are any at all!
Also, there is the other way. This would be the bad way consisting of basic criticism of all the negative effects that human intervention has caused. These are quite a few and therefore we shall talk about them.
Fortunately for the Amazonian forest, I am not going to write about every single thing connected to the negative effects on the environment, but I will talk about several cases, all connected some how to pollution.
As we discussed in class, there are five main types of pollution. These would be the following :
1. Air pollution
2. Water pollution
3. Sound pollution
4. Sight pollution
5. Land pollution
Here is my air pollution chart.
POLLUTANT MAJOR SOURCES COMMENTS
Carbon monoxide (CO) Motor-vehicle exhaust; some industrial processes Health standard: 10 mg/m3 (9 ppm) over 8 hr;
40 mg/m3 over 1 hr (35 ppm)
Sulfur dioxide (SO2) Heat and power generation facilities that use oil or coal containing sulfur; sulfuric acid plants Health standard: 80 ?g/m3 (0.03 ppm) over a year; 365 ?g/m3 over 24 hr (0.14 ppm)
Particulate matter Motor-vehicle exhaust; industrial processes; refuse incineration; heat and power generation; reaction of pollution gases in the atmosphere Health standard: 50 ?g/m3 over a year;
150 ?g/m3 over 24 hr; composed of carbon, nitrates, sulfates, and many metals including lead, copper, iron, and zinc
Lead (Pb) Motor-vehicle exhaust; lead smelters; battery plants Health standard: 1.5 ?g/m3 over 3 months
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2) Motor-vehicle exhaust; heat and power generation; nitric acid; explosives; fertilizer plants Health standard: 100 ?g/m3 (0.05 ppm) over a year; reacts with hydrocarbons and sunlight to form photochemical oxidants
Ozone (O3) Formed in the atmosphere by reaction of nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons, and sunlight Health standard: 235 ?g/m3 (0.12 ppm) over 1 hr
This is a very well detailed chart on the different types of causes of air pollution. The first column shows the pollutant, the second one shows the major source (or where it comes from\ what causes it to escape) and the third one shows the comments\ who health guide lines.
- Air Pollution Essay, Research Paper “Air Pollution, addition of harmful ... Air Pollution) If you didn’t know much about air pollution before I began this paper ... hazards and dangers of air pollution. (Encarta Air Pollution) “Air Pollution,” Microsoft? Encarta? ...
- Air Pollution Essay, Research Paper Introduction Air pollution is nothing new. Ever ... federal research and designating air quality control regions to help establish air pollution ... criteria. Another goal of this act was to research ...
- Air Pollution Essay, Research Paper INTRODUCTION Air Pollution, addition of ... These levels of indoor air pollutants are especially harmful because people ... pollution emission levels. Air pollution control is a race between the reduction of pollution from each ...
- Air Pollution Essay, Research Paper (name, title) Executive Summary An ... the air pollution problem. The conclusion I have drawn from this research is that ... poorest urban neighborhoods. (statistic, picture) Air pollutants such as ozone, diesel fumes ...
- Air Pollution Essay, Research Paper Is the air that we are breathing killing us? In this ... degree of air pollution. Burning garbage in open dumps causes air pollution Scientist ... There are many causes of air pollution, but the main causes of pollution are motor ...