Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Drugs Essay, Research Paper
By pure mischance a high school student named Vargas happens to walk by smokers corner on his way home. Unlucky for him, his friend Johnny Bluejean is one the corner smoking a blunt. Johnny stops Vargas and offers him a smoke. Vargas tempted with all Johnny?s endorsements, and peer pressure collapses and takes the blunt. 20 years later Vargas is in the hospital breathing off a respirator. This all occurred because of one unlucky ?YES? ruined Vargas? life. This scenario transpires millions of times around the globe in towns of all shapes and sizes. This is why the U.S. has and is continuing the practice of educating the student populace about drugs, and alcohol. The way the U.S. continues this practice is different in all cases, sometimes it serious well other times it is comical and cute. Sometimes they even have students help spread the message.
In my poster (below) I address the issue of addictions. I use the phrase ?Don?t use drugs because drugs use you? to sum up the poster. What the expression means is that don?t do drugs because you addiction to the drug will make you do things that you normally wouldn?t do. To illustrate that point I drew a cartoon cigarette pulling a human along with a chain. I encased this cartoon in red ?No? symbol with a don?t do drugs border to further emphasize the point. Although posters and cartoons can accentuate the point not to take drugs you also need a more serious and technical perspective.
Drugs like speed and concaine are examples. Both of these drugs speed up the metabolism but both also cause brain damage. Cocaine will put you a zombie state were all you do is take cocaine. Crack heads as people put it live together in small dilapidated houses. These crack heads will eat anything and go to the bathroom anywhere.
Hallucinogens are drugs that effect the brain in ghastly ways. They cause hallucinations and make you woose. Pcp and Lcd, probably the 2 deadliest, drugs cause recurring nightmares, permanent fears, and personality changes making you grouchy and introverted. Some of the most common hallucinations are bugs under the skin and clouds. Inhalents are also hallucinogens.
The last and most common type of drugs are the depressants. Depressants make you sad, down in the dumps, and dulls the senses. Many teen suicides occur when a person is on a depressants. Alcohol, contrary to popular belief is a depressant it makes you sad, and slows your nervous system. Marawana is also a depressant. The one thing that stays the same all drugs is that hey are dangerous and harmful to the body.
There are a few tips to say no to drugs. Make an excuses like, I have to be home at six to help my grandma. Walk away, or say you cant because of extravehicular activities. Another approach you might take is to set up a system with your parents which involves, you calling home and saying the key word. Then your parents give you an excuse and come to pick you up. Although these work there is nothing better then a plain No.
Drugs are bad for the body and the mind. They can cause addictions, brain loss, personality changes and depressions. The general public deserves to continue to learn the dangers of drugs so that they can stay away. Remember just say ?NO.?
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper TOBACCO Tobacco is a plant grown ... , but would be readily available to anyone. Additionally, the power struggle between ... used against groups of lesser power would be useless. This move would ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper Drug use is ... drugs by teenagers is the result of a combination of factors such as peer ... pressure, curiosity, and availability. Drugs addiction among ... by the people around us. In today’s schools drugs are very common, peer ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper The extermination of illegal drugs has always ... us to turn to drugs. Drugs symbolize power, status, freedom, ... drugs by them. The lure of the physical ?high? as well as peer ... Without these sources would drugs be harder to find? ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper Drug Addiction The extermination of illegal drugs has always ... us to turn to drugs. Drugs symbolize power, status, freedom, ... And they can be because drugs produce the same ... drugs by them. The lure of the physical high as well as peer ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper What you have just ... depressed” or “peer pressure.” This would have to be a distorted view ... into drugs all by themselves. They experimented once, probably out of pure ... Trying something new, all by oneself, can be a scary thing. It s ...