Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Miles Dewey Davis was born on the 26th of May 1926, in Alton, Illinois. He became
famous around the world for his incredible trumpet and flugelhorn playing, but he was
also an accomplished keyboard player, and composer.
Although born in Alton, Illinois, Miles Davis lived in East St Louis. He came from a
wealthy middle-class background. It isn’t surprising to see that a person with the talent
of Miles Davis came from a Davis’ father musical family. His mother played the violin,
and his sister played the piano. Although Miles was not very musical himself, he
obviously saw talent in his son, and for his thirteenth birthday, bought Miles his first
trumpet. Miles was very privileged to come from the family he did, because it meant he
was able to have private trumpet lessons. He learnt from a teacher called Elwood
Buchanan, who taught Miles all the basics he needed to know, before his natural talent
and flare for improvisation took over. Miles progressed quickly at the trumpet, and
played in many bands and ensembles at his school. While still in school, he joined his
first independent group as a trumpeter. They were called Eddie Randall’s Blue Devils.
Many jazz musicians influenced Miles Davis. When Billy Eckstine’s band played in St
Louis, Miles was able to meet some of these influences; Dizzy Gillespie and Charlie
Parker. (Trumpeter and saxophonist respectively) At the age of 18, Davis went to
study at the Juilliard School of Music, in New York. How ever, what he really wanted to
be doing was just playing jazz. He left the school to play in the small clubs of the
famous 52nd street. He did much of his playing with one of his idols, Charlie Parker.
Davis joined Parker’s quintet in 1945. Together, they recorded some of the first true
bebop songs – songs such as ‘Now’s the time’. It was during this time that Miles Davis
established his style as a jazz trumpeter.
- Miles Davis Essay, Research Paper There are very few musicians ... is the case of Mile Davis. A jazz-trumpeter who?s sound ... which touched so many people. Miles Dewey Davis was born May 25, ... idol, saxophonist, Charlie Parker. Miles became part of Charlie?s bebop ...
- ... didn’t even have a clue who Miles Davis was. But for the past ... ’s named, then it’s outmoded. Miles Dewey Davis was born May 25, 1926 ... "Ko-Ko" in Parker’s quintet. Miles Davis was known to the general ... of a secret side of Miles. Davis’ most radical veer from jazz ...
- Marine Corps Essay, Research Paper ?From the halls of ... to meet…? Correspondent Richard Harding Davis (Ellsworth, xi) Marines are ... , less food, over forty miles of forced marches and numerous ... operation lacked the daring of Dewey’s decisive victory in the ...
- ... , then it’s outmoded. Miles Dewey Davis was born May 25, 1926 ... and the great depression. Miles father Dr. Miles Dewey Davis has 3 degrees in ... Festival and began the Miles Davis Quintet. This included John ... this gave Miles new toys: like delay and echo devices. ...
- ... Where Did They Go? Essay, Research Paper WHERE DID THEY GO? ... stretch roughly 106-186 miles (170-300 km) across ... COSMIC IMPACT AUTHOR: JOHN K. DAVIES 1986 3. TITLE: THE DINOSAUR HERESIES ... DINOSAUR EXTINCTION DEBATE AUTHOR: DEWEY MCLEAN INTERNET RESOURCE: HTTP ...