Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
A Little About Blaise Pascal?s Father
Etienne Pascal was the father of Blaise Pascal. Etienne was trained in law in
Paris, receiving his degree in 1610. He returned to his home town of Clermont were he
bought the post of counsellor. He came from a wealthy family so he had an ample
amount of money without earning a living.
In 1631 he went to Paris so that his son could have the best education and he
devoted himself to Blaise?s education there. In 1634 he was appointed to a committee set
up by Cardinal Richelieu to judge whether Morin?s scheme for determining longitude
from the moon?s motion was practical.
From about his time he became involved with Mersenne?s meetings.
Through these he collaborated with Roberval, Desargues and Mydorge. Etienne also
held a number of government appointments and a court official. Etienne is famed as the
discoverer of the curve the Limacon of Pascal. The curve, so named by Roberval, can be
used to trisect an angle
- Blaise Pascal Essay, Research Paper Blaise Pascal was born in Clermont ... on June 19, 1623 to Etienne Pascal. His mother died when ... that year.” In 1646 Etienne Pascal injured his leg and had ... didn’t believe in vacuums. Etienne Pascal died in September of 1651 ...
- Pascal, Blaise Essay, Research Paper Pascal, Blaise 1. Dates Born: ... Father Occupation: Government Official Pascal’s ancestors were rich merchants ... burgess class. His father, Etienne, was a royal tax ... Physics In 1640 Pascal wrote an essay on conics extending ...
- Scientific Revolution Essay, Research Paper Scientific Revolution: George ... by a French naturalist Etienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire to ... believed before. 1654- Pascal helped formulate the mathematical theory ... of probability. Pascal?s law or principle ...
- ... that time period. In this paper I will discuss his life ... , which he gave to Etienne d’Espagnet who clearly shared ... a correspondence with Roberval and Etienne Pascal over methods of integration and ... in 1654 when Blaise Pascal, son of Etienne Pascal, wrote to ask ...
- ... a particular interest in Mydorge, Etienne Pascal, and Blaise Pascal. It is interesting to ... was discovered by Etienne Pascal, the father of Blaise Pascal. However, it was ... leaf shape was repeated in each quadrant when it is only ...