Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
What Is Ms? Essay, Research Paper
What is MS?
I chose the topic of MS because three years ago my mother was diagnosed with this disease.
Not a lot of people know very much about MS. MS stands for multiple sclerosis. It is a very disabling disease that I have learned a lot about over the past few years.
Multiple sclerosis is a chronic and even sometimes disabling disease of the central nervous system. MS can suddenly ?attack? your body, and often it is misdiagnosed.
There are many symptoms to MS. A few initial ones are difficultly walking, abnormal sensations-such as numbness or what is called ?pins and needles?, and loss of vision. A few less common symptoms are incoordination, slurred speech, sudden paralysis, and a declined in your ability to think, reason and remember.
There are three catergories used to divide the symptoms. The first is the Primary symptoms, which are a result of demylelination. Demylenation is the destruction of myelin-the fatty sheath that surrounds the nerve fibers in the central nervous system. This prohibits nerve impulses to muscles and organs. The symptoms in the primary stage include weakness, numbness, and loss of vision, pain, tremor, and bladder and bowel dysfunction. These symptoms can be managed with medically based methods.
The second catergory is the secondary symptoms, which occur as a result of the primary symptoms. Most secondary symptoms are slightly worse then primary symptoms. Secondary symptoms can be treated, but are better off avoided by treating the primary symptoms.
Tertiary symptoms are the third of the 3 catergories. These are social, vocational, and psychological complications due to primary and secondary symptoms. One common psychological problem is the onset of Depression due to MS. Professional assistance from therapists, psychologists, and social workers is used for managing tertiary symptoms. Health professionals can manage many of the symptoms caused by MS with regular care.
It is generally hard to predict the course of MS. The disorder varies greatly with each person, but with help from Doctors, and the support of your family, people can make it through life with this disease; My mom being just one example of someone who battles each day at a time.
Work cited from: http://www.nmms.org/
- Ms Essay, Research Paper Times Have Changed Times have ... have a bigger decision to make. What college to attend. This decision ... to expand on what they already have. There is a race to ... sell themselves on paper. It is hard to do this without a good college ...
- Rap Vs Poetry Essay, Research Paper What is hip hop? What are some of ... term MC, or Master of Ceremonies, was associated with rappers. ... me wrong; there is nothing wrong with telling about the injustices ... best hip hop out there is what s called underground . Most ...
- Diabetes Essay, Research Paper What is diabetes? Diabetes mellitus is a group of diseases ... equal to 126 milligrams/deciliter (mg/dL) indicates a diagnosis ... than or equal to 200 mg/dL indicates a diagnosis ... than or equal to 200 mg/dL indicates a diagnosis ...
- Interpatation Essay, Research Paper What Does It Really Mean? ... what is happened in the past. In this story, Chopin implies Ms ... what Chopin is trying to say here is a description of what Ms. Mallard is ... only shows that Ms. Mallard?s is more satisfied that her ...
- Tha Block Is Hot Essay, Research Paper Straight off tha block hoe ... em nigga *Juvenile* Oh u playin with that raw *B.G.* Then won’t you ... corner store end up in Ms. Taylor back yard (Be Quiet ... corner store end up in Ms. Taylor back yard (Be Quiet ...