Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
All Hail To The Naacp Essay, Research Paper
“All Hail to the NAACP”
All hail to the to the NAACP- making sure equality is enforced, and social injustice does not prevail. “Founded in 1909 in New York, by a group of black and white citizens in order to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of minority group citizens of the United States and eliminate racial prejudice. The NAACP seeks to remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic process.” (www.NAACP.org)
This may be true; however, I seem, too often, to see another side of this organization. In recent months and years, their agendas have been advanced only through the media and political outcries, not through the democratic process as they have stated. Maybe they employ the lesser known, but effective, democrat process.
The social equality of minorities was to be an important goal during the foundation of the NAACP, but I have never seen this organization stand up for other minorities such as Hispanics or Native Americans. It seems only to be a racially biased group of individuals simply concerned with the advancement of the African American.
Equality was the original goal, but superiority seems to be the desired result in recent years. It appears the NAACP does things only so they are not forgotten. Just a few months ago, they were at the heart of the war on the confederate battle flag over the statehouse in South Carolina. I am unable to see how this matter is one of social inequality. Instead of using the “democratic process” they simply resorted to the media to accomplish their agendas, as well as urging all African Americans (not minorities) to avoid the state. In return, many innocent businesses (some of which were themselves African-American) were harmed as a result of their actions. Eventually, the flag was taken down, and placed on the front lawn of the capital. Even this would not suffice. At this moment, action is being taken in order to have it removed. In “retaliation,” an African-American monument was built; however this monument, which was totally dedicated to one race posed no problem…I wonder why.
Before the NAACP continues to chastise other groups for double standards and inconsistency, maybe they should reevaluate themselves. Graceful charters, and lovely mottos can be written, but they must be followed. This racist organization is not concerned with the equality of minority group citizens, but only the superiority of the African American population.
- The Man Essay, Research Paper Advanced Writing per. ... having investigated the NAACP and of trying to break up the famed Alabama ... were mere acquaintances and that all of Louis’ travel expenses ... Hall 1987. pgs.150, 158Friedman, Allen. Power and Greed: Inside the ...
- ... The Ages Essay, Research Paper Connections through the Ages The selected works by the ... hell each levelwas a perversion of love. He chose to capitalize on the ... the tales apart. The third factor that connects all the stories is the ... the hair of Nisaba, the ...
- ... society and heal the terrible wounds between the North and South. The three ... the foundation for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). The ... no longer restricted to the South, but was occurring all over the country (Williams ...
- ... resolution is probably unique to each person, and forms the subject of a vast ... of Hell. Its natural consequence is depression, decay, of erosion of all ... by the blood of him who shed it.” (Num 35:33 NASB ...
- The Destruction Of Blanche Dubois Essay, Research Paper A fading Southern ... has always been her Achilles heel. It has always been ... kisses the newsboy in scene five. The music is the loudest during the ... her to the bright luminous light she could not stand all ...