Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Smoking: I Can Stop Whenever I Want Essay, Research Paper
Smoking: I Can Stop Whenever I Want
I can stop whenever I want. Does that sound familiar to you? if it does you are
probably part of the 80% smokers who are teens. And studies show, that young
smokers are likely to start doing drugs, selling drugs, and so forth. Young
smokers start smoking at 12 or 13 just to get a taste of what it’s like.
Some of them find it disgusting and unhealthy and some find it cool usually
because their peers introduced it to them. Tobacco use kills about 420,000
smokers each year. Recent studies also indicate that about 53,000 non smokers
die each year from second hand smoking. You surprised heh? You shouldn’t be,
because all of those anti tobacco commercials on Television and on every single
pack of cigarettes isn’t there for nothing. It’s there to prevent all of you
teens to get hooked on cigarettes or even think about starting to smoke.
Smoking is legal almost everywhere in the world, but it shouldn’t be because
Marijuana smoking isn’t. Cigarettes are addictive and they usually lead the
smoker to marijuana use or to other kind of drugs. That’s why I think that young
teenagers shouldn’t start smoking at young age. All of you people out there who
think that they can stop whenever they want, well I have news flash for you. 1
out of 10 smokers succeed in quitting smoking in United-States. Everyone thinks
that they have an iron will and they keep on delaying the time to stop, I’ll
just stop as my new year resolution, I’ll stop in a month, a week, a year.
Smoking is really hard to quit, it’s an addictive habit and you really need an
iron will to stop it. There are also a few consequences I think I should mention
from ciggarette smoking. First of all, as you all know, ciggarette smoking turns
your teeth yellow so you can forget about those perfect teeth with the crest
smile. The second consequence is, smoking costs around 4 $ a day for a normal
smoker which comes up to 2500 $ per year, think what you could do with all that
money. And the most common and harmful consequence of smoking is, lung and mouth
cancer. Think about it, is it worth: having bad breath, turning your teeth
yellow, wasting 2500 $ per year and risking lung cancer just for a bad habit you
picked up because of peer pressure? Hopefully, in the futur, teens aren’t going
to think anymore that they could stop whenever they want and they won’t even
think about trying to smoke.
- ... bad side of smoking and doing what they want. From the ... law against smoking so people are allowed to smoke whenever and ... teen smokers say they want to quit smoking. Eighty-five percent ... doctors that smoking can lead to death, so we must stop smoking. Another ...
- ... first time I smoked I had a great time I laughed a lot. I went to a school dance ... you think you can stop anytime you want to? - I believe I can stop smoking if certain circumstances ... you could stop whenever you wanted to? - yes, I think any one can quit ...
- ... . 1. I can do what I want and you can't stop me. You can't stop me doing what I want. 2. It ... ? c. He looks so funny. Whenever I see him, I can't help --- (smile). d. The fine ... trying to cut down on smoking. (=reduce smoking) C. Sometimes a phrasal verb has ...
- ... a rock for on her finger. Whenever I ask what kind of a ... to The Rolling Stone magazine. Want a T Shirt please. waynebeau (414 ... spot him him grinning and smoking a cigarette anytime soon this ... I think it's time to stop this charade – I can't get any work done! ...
- ... says Luke . “Easy cowboy I smoked some *censored* I brought , not ... with these aliens we can sell this stuff , but I wanna ... I agree . Here use my smoking piece .” Green says as his ... our room . When we went inside I laid down ... us to come back whenever . So we are ...