Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Another Ernest Hemingway Essay, Research Paper
A young man by the name of Ernest Hemingway was born in
grew up in a suburb of Chicago Illinois. (Jones 416) His
was a doctor. As a boy, he and his father spent time
hunting and fishing in Michigan. (Brown 571) Hemingway
his school newspaper. (Jones 416) During his youth
played football and swam. (Smith 34)
After graduating from high school, Hemingway was hired
Kansas City Star newspaper. (Jones 416) While writing for
Kansas City Star, Hemingway began to develop his own
of writing. (Brown 571)
Later, Hemingway worked for the Red Cross as an
during World War I. (Jones 416) Only a few days before he
turn twenty years old, Hemingway was wounded in the leg
back to the United States. (Smith 34)
In 1921, the Toronto Star sent Hemingway to Europe as a
journalist writer. While in Paris he published two books. The
Also Rises was published in 1926 and was his first novel
made him a well-known writer. Hemingway loved to write
adventurous activities. During the Spanish Civil War in the
1930’s, Hemingway wrote For Whom the Bell Tolls. Many
thought this was one of his best novels. Hemingway later
novel about showing the need to accept life with honor. In
he published this novel entitled The Old Man in the Sea.
416) Hemingway won the Pulitzer Prize in 1953 for this
Hemingway loved to experience nature. He loved adventure;
enjoyed hunting, fishing, and watching bullfights. These
adventurous experiences helped shape his style of writing.
writers later copied this style. They also copied his style of
writing in short and direct sentences. (Brown 571)
Hemingway looked at life as a game. He shaped literature
writing about how mankind is eventually totally defeated. He
been put down for writing about how men are always tough
be afraid of danger. Hemingway became depressed during
the last years of his life, and shot and killed himself in 1961. (Jones
- Ernest Hemingway Essay, Research Paper In this paper, I will describe what critics have to say about Ernest Hemingway^s novel ... flashes to the waiters for another. When the young waiter goes ... he discusses the nadas with another bartender. There isn^t much ...
- Ernest Hemmingway Essay, Research Paper Ernest Hemmingway Ernest Miller Hemingway was born on July 22, ... hurt that time. Another boy got hurt and Ernest lifted him up ... the Red Cross tent. Then another projectile came across and he ...
- Earnest Hemmingway Essay, Research Paper Ernest Hemingway Ernest Miller Heminway, the second of ... will associated with the ‘Hemingway Hero.’ Another of Hemingway’s techniques is the use ... in the scene. Yet another technique is Hemingway’s extensive use of ...
- Ernest Hemingway Essay, Research Paper Chris Ivie American Literature Dr. Breeden 10/2/96 Many of Ernest Hemingway ... or another. Bibliographies Bruccoli, Matthew J. Conversations with Ernest Hemingway. ... 1984 Wagner, Linda W. Ernest Hemingway, Five Decades of ...
- Ernest Hemingway Essay, Research Paper Ernest Hemingway s life experiences had a great impact ... or of overcoming that dread. Another major theme was big-game ... 1950 Hemingway had no published work. He became infatuated with yet another ...