Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Which Paper Towel Is The Strongest? Essay, Research Paper
Which Paper Towel is the Strongest?
Initial Observation: I noticed that when my parents buy paper towels, some brands rip faster than other brands.
Information Gathering: I went to the Grocery Store and picked out three different brands of paper towels with different prices.
Purpose: The purpose of this experiment is to find out if the more expensive brands of paper towels really are stronger than the cheaper brands like they say on the bag.
Hypothesis: I believe that the more expensive brand will be stronger because it is probably made up of a stronger material.
1.) I went out to the Grocery Store and bought three different brands of paper towel at different prices.
2.) I taped on side of the paper towel to a table and held the other side with one hand.
3.) I sprayed 15 sprays of water with a spray from a glass cleaner bottle on each paper towel.
4.) I stacked apples on the wet paper towel until the apples fell through the towel.
5.) I counted the number of apples it took to tear the paper towel and recorded the number.
6.) I repeated this procedure three times for each brand of paper towels.
- 10-15 apples
- 3 different brands of paper towels (Topcrest, Bounty, and Kleenex Viva)
- water sprayer
For the Kleenex Viva (the most expensive brand) it took 11 apples to tear the paper towel the first time. It took 10 apples to tear in the second trial ,and it took 11 apples to tear it in the third trial.
For the Bounty (the second most expensive brand) it took 9 apples to tear it the first time, second, and third time
For the Topcrest brand (the least expensive brand) it took 3 apples tear it the first time. It took 3 apples to tear it the second time, and it took two apples to tear it the third time.
I noticed that all the apples were not the exact same weight or size so my results may vary a bit, but I used the same apples for each trial and each brand of paper towel. It was also hard for me to hold the paper towel while putting the apples on top of it. I had to ask for some assistance from my mom because the apples kept falling off the paper towel. I doubt that this made a big difference in my data and results.
Calculations: I did not have any calculations. The only thing I needed to do was count the number of apples it took to tear the paper towel.
Results: The more expensive brand (Kleenex Viva) turned out to be the strongest. The least expensive brand (Topcrest) turned out to be the weakest. The second most expensive brand (Bounty) turned out to be strong, but it was not as strong as the most expensive brand. The more expensive brands turned out to be about 3 times stronger than the least expensive brand.
Conclusion: My hypothesis is correct. The more expensive brand turned out to be the strongest. My results did vary a little bit because the apples were not all the exact same weight. It was hard for me to hold the paper towel while placing the apples on top of it by myself and I needed assistance for my results to be more accurate. I don?t think that I needed repeat my experiment, but I did need a more constant and accurate way of measuring how strong the paper towel is. Now I know that it is worth the extra money to buy the more expensive brands of paper towels.
- ... desire to tell them the significance of those relics. It is the desire to ... love with John Proctor’s strength and honesty. What young ... how each subplot ties into and advances the main plot, which is the flareup ... words he puts on paper, the play is meant to be ...
- Snowboarding Essay, Research Paper Snowboarding is the world?s fastest growing winter sport and is set ... sheet and the base on the edges. The strength of this component is very ... for a living, which I think is the greatest thing in the world. There are ...
- Asbestos Essay, Research Paper Asbestos is the only natural inorganic fibrous material ... properties: fire resistant, high tensile strength, poor heat and electric conductivity ... , such as vinyl floor tile, in which asbestos fibers are firmly bound ...
- ... were surprisingly similar the two having not ever met each other. Yet neither ... a meter tall upright piano, he developed what was called the console piano ... This is the part of the piano in which controls volume and the strength of the piano. The ...
- ... civilization, which produced upon them the strongest impression. ... the up till now arbitrary power of the monarch ... The former is the government the latter is people. Government’s role is to secure the ... absorb the excess rural population. Under the liberal ...