Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Full Monty Essay, Research Paper
The Full Monty
The Story is laid in Sheffield, 25 years after the big successful industrial time. The biggest problem today in Sheffield is the unemployment.
The leading actors are:
Gaz and his son Neven. Gaz needs money, to get the custody back from his wife to live together with Neven.
David is the best friend of Gaz and is a little bit bulbous. Most of the time they are spending together.
Lomber has a lot of problems and is very depressed .
Horse is a funny guy and tries always to walk the walls up. He has no really talents but he has a big Willie, he therefore got his nick name.
Gerald is a very serious man and is the oldest member of the group.
And Biringten, who is a very good brake-dancer and the only coloured member of the group.
All actors are unemployed.
Gaz, David and Neven don t know what they should do with their time, and so they are make a lot of silly things. One evening, they climbed illegal
into a man strip entertainment. Gaz brought up the idea, that he also could strip with some friends, to get the money for the custody. So Gaz and
David began to train. One day, they helped a man, who wanted to kill himself because he has a lot of problems. The man, who is called Lomber,
became a member of the group.
They went every day to the job center to find some work. One day a man, whose name is Gerald Arthur Cooper, was touch and go to get a job
but David and Gaz destroyed his chance. After a big quarrel and some discussions Gerald joined the group.
They tried to find two other guys to complete the group. Finally they found a man, who is called Biringtem and very good in brake-dance and
another man, who is called Horse and who has a big Willie. From now on they were a 6-man-strip-group and they started a very hard fitness
programme. But to start their first open performance they needed a lot of money.
Nobody gave them money, only Gaz s son was so kind to lend his father the money because he was the only one who believed in their success.
They handed out a lot of leaflets and posters of there group to find visitors. But they were not very successful.
The first open performance was a flop because they sold only 4 tickets. The big disaster raised when a policeman heard the loud music in the
old factory and made a raid. All actors were carried to the police station. They tried to convince the policemen that they were artists and tried to
showing a performance.
Next day the headline in the newspaper was : Man-strip-group was arrested . The result was, that everybody knew the group from this moment
on and they were very famous. But the men had a lot of problems with their wives because the wives didn t know, that their husbands were
They were depressed and the group disbanded. Gerald got a new job and the other guys tried to get too some work.
A few days later, the owner of the striptease location met Gaz. He told him that his group must dance tonight because he just sold 200 tickets.
It was not easy to bring the group together, because Gerald had his new job and the wives of the other unemployeds were angry about there idea
After long discussions with their wives these ladies came to the conclusion to give the group a chance.
So the actors gave their approval to strip this night once again.
In the dressing room they were getting very nervous because the show was sold out and the women were shouting the name of the group.
Few minutes before the show started, Gaz said, that he wouldn t like do dance, but his son pushed him on stage. The show was perfect and it
was the best they ever had in this night-club.
- The American Scholar Essay, Research Paper According to Ralph Waldo Emerson, the American Scholar is ... such placement, the scholar would never achieve full intellect or scholarship ... environment educated Simon and Monty. The submersion in the world of academia ...
- My Language Autobiography Essay, Research Paper The Early Days- I was born in ... , as a result of this, I didn?t feel as confident joining in lessons ... - Eddie Izzard, Rik Mayall and the Monty Python- largely influence me. Future ...
- Sockuck Essay, Research Paper The ABC’s of Government ... backyard. If you do not feel likedigging a hole that big ... McCormiks Ltd., 1987. Python, Monty. The Fairly Incomplete and Rather Badly ... Illustrated Monty Python Song Book. Great ...
- Film Critique Essay, Research Paper The film Death of a Salesman is a movie about the way people ... annoying, and it s not in the Monty Python kind of funny annoying ... since these characters don t actually follow society s rules then I find it ...
- The Full Monty The Movie Essay, Research Paper THE FULL MONTY Starring: Robert Carlyle, Tom ... infectious comic moment in the British import The Full Monty — a film rich ... The Full Monty would miss the point entirely. In this hypothetical American Monty, the ...