Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Computer Crimes Essay, Research Paper
Advances in telecommunications and in computer technology have brought us to the
information revolution. The rapid advancement of the telephone, cable,
satellite and computer networks, combined with the help of technological
breakthroughs in computer processing speed, and information storage, has lead us
to the latest revolution, and also the newest style of crime, “computer crime”.
The following information will provide you with evidence that without reasonable
doubt, computer crime is on the increase in the following areas: hackers,
hardware theft, software piracy and the information highway. This information
is gathered from expert sources such as researchers, journalists, and others
involved in the field.
Computer crimes are often heard a lot about in the news. When you ask someone
why he/she robbed banks, they world replied, “Because that’s where the money
is.” Today’s criminals have learned where the money is. Instead of settling
for a few thousand dollars in a bank robbery, those with enough computer
knowledge can walk away from a computer crime with many millions. The National
Computer Crimes Squad estimates that between 85 and 97 percent of computer
crimes are not even detected. Fewer than 10 percent of all computer crimes are
reported this is mainly because organizations fear that their employees, clients,
and stockholders will lose faith in them if they admit that their computers have
been attacked. And few of the crimes that are reported are ever solved.
Hacking was once a term that was used to describe someone with a great deal of
knowledge with computers. Since then the definition has seriously changed. In
every neighborhood there are criminals, so you could say that hackers are the
criminals of the computers around us. There has been a great increase in the
number of computer break-ins since the Internet became popular.
How serious is hacking? In 1989, the Computer Emergency Response Team, a
organization that monitors computer security issues in North America said that
they had 132 cases involving computer break-ins. In 1994 alone they had some
2,341 cases, that’s almost an 1800% increase in just 5 years.
- Computer Crimes Essay, Research Paper Computer crime started in the early 1970?s and has ... the computer crimes that have happened in the world over the past years. Computer crimes ... become so much more technologically advanced compared to people who are ...
- Computer Ethic Essay, Research Paper Introduction Legality, piracy, ethics, effects, ... encryption are all main issues in Computer Crimes in todays world. How do we ... action was clearly illegal. Advancements in computer and data communications technology have ...
- Computer Privacy Essay, Research Paper Computer Privacy Issues An issue of concern at is Computer privacy. Computer ... document, and requesting a cash advance using a stolen credit card ... money in financial networks, and committing payroll fraud. Crimes such ...
- Computer Abuse Essay, Research Paper The use of computers within the business and government ... many weaknesses in computer law. With the expeditions rate of advances in technology, ... considers computer crime, as being less serious than other crimes against ...
- Legislation Passed To Address Computer Crimes Essay, Research Paper Over the past month you ... computer-related crimes is needed to be ever changing with new advances in ... regulating a single new advance in technology. We see problems in dealing with monopolies ...