Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Canada Essay, Research Paper
Hi my name is insert your name and I?ll be writing about Canada. Canada is the greatest country in the world and it has been voted the best country in the world to live in for the past 3 years in a row by the United Nations. Canada consists of ten provinces and three territories, the newest territories is Nunavut. Nunavut is the land of the Indians (Natives). The capital of Nunavut is Iqaluit and it is located on Baffin Island.
Canada has many professional sports teams in all the major sports except football. Some people say that the CFL is a professional football league but the players are mostly NFL rejects. Our sports teams for the NHL include the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, Toronto Maple leafs, Ottawa Senators, and the Montreal Canadians. Canada?s most successful NHL team has been the Montreal Canadians, they have won an astonishing 23 Stanley Cups. Two NHL teams have left Canada because they were located in small markets, Canada has lost the Winnipeg Jets to Phoenix and we have also lost the Quebec Nordiqs to Colorado. Losing NHL teams to the U.S is a growing epidemic because players are demanding more and more money and the ticket prices are going up to accommodate the players demands. Another reason that we are going to lose more NHL teams is that the Government taxation on the Canadian teams, the Montreal Canadians alone have paid more taxes in a year than all the American teams combined, the Government has to let NHL teams pay less taxes then they are right now if anyone ever wants to see hockey in the small markets in Canada. The last reason hockey teams are being lost to the U.S is the declining Canadian dollar and the players wanting their money in U.S funds. I think that Canada is going to lose the Senators, the Oilers, and the Flames in the next ten years.
Canada also has two NBA teams and they are the Vancouver Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors. They are both relatively new teams, thee Grizzlies are going to build their team around Shareef Abdur-Rahim a young small forward and the Raptors are going to build their team around Vince Carter a young power forward.
Finally, Canada has two MLB (Major League Baseball) teams, the teams are the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos. Toronto has won two World Series titles and Joe Carter hit the winning homerun in the second World Series. The Montreal Expos have not been as successful as the Blue Jays but they were first in the whole league in the 1993-1994 season but the players went on strike in August.
I think sports have always been a major part of Canada and it always will be.
One thing I like about Canada is its multiculturalism, people from any country can come to Canada and practice their religion openly and freely. I like the Immigration policy because people can come into the country if they want too and if they have a good reason. I don?t like it when people get into the country by sneaking in because they should try to get in the legal way. I think the Immigration system is being taken advantage of because of the recent rash of ships carrying illegal migrants.
I think multiculturalism is the reason Canada is such a great country.
There are numerous famous people from Canada and I will tell you about some of them. Some of the singers include, Shania Twain, Celine Dione, The Rascalz, Bryan Adams, Corey Hart, The Bare Naked Ladies, and The Tragically Hip. Some of the sports stars include, Wayne Gretzky, Dr. James Naismith (creator of basketball), Owen Hart, Bret Hart, and Patrick Roy. Some of the actors and actresses include, Michael J. Fox, Mike Myers, Jim Carey, and Pamela Anderson.
Canada has produced some of the best singers, actors, and sports figures in the world and I think this is a trend that?s going to continue well into the next millennium.
I think that it?s good that Canada isn?t a nuclear country because that makes it so we have fewer enemies because we?re not a nuclear threat.
I think that there are lots of stereotypes about Canada?s weather, television and movies portray Canada as a cold snowy place but its not that bad. It?s cold in most of Canada but in most of the area that is really cold is unpopulated. In the summer it?s hot and sunny, in the winter it?s cold and snowy, and in the spring it?s sunny and rainey.
I think Canada is one of the best countries to live in and I wish I could live here for the rest of my life.
- Hamlet Essay, Research Paper Frailty thy name is woman William Shakespear, Hamlet , ... to hamlet and says, From me, whose love was of that ... their best to make us commit sins. Hamlet thinks that if ... play. She says, Tis brief, my lord. and Hamlet says to ...
- Pedro Martinez Essay, Research Paper For my Famous Hispanic American report , I am ... an older brother and his name is Ramon Martinez and he ... never been particulary popular in Canada , where ice hockey is ... Red Sox and made his name strong through out the United ...
- Schizophrenia Essay, Research Paper During my research I found out that many ... Because people with Schizophrenia cannot grasp the cause of what ... from this disease, yet none of them are getting the ... desperately need. I hope this paper has cleared up a few ...
- The Believer Essay, Research Paper ?Take me to your leader?, Jireehove or, ... you to my leader! Khran kazzum!?, after the last command a group ... and then shut his mouth. My head already hurts from their ... he will just shout his name out before the execution? But ...
- My View On Life Essay, Research Paper MY VIEW ON LIFE AS ... delighted and when they entered my name for an apprenticeship at a ... happen to my life. We lived in Canada for nine months and ... . I quickly realized that my future in Canada was limited, also, suffering ...