Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Feminists vs. Nature
Promise Keepers, an organization of Christian men, gathered by the hundreds of
thousands in Washington, D. C. last weekend to rededicate themselves to God, family and
hearth. Feminists, like those in the National Organization of Women (NOW), were not
To the feminists, it s bad enough that Promise Keepers is a male-only group. But the
PKers believe that men, basically, should take the lead in the family, and that women,
basically, should follow them. The NOW inquisition screamed heresy, even though the
Bible, which is supposed to be the source of Christian doctrine, is full of such teaching.
But the media is overwhelmingly liberal and NOW and their leader, Pat Ireland, are their
darlings. So they trot them out to blast away about any subject they have no business
commenting on. NOW isn t a Christian group and most of its members aren t Christian or
even religious, unless you count burnt offerings to She-Ma, the Earth Goddess. What
would they know about what makes good Christianity? Nothing. So what business is it
of theirs to be telling a Christian group what to do? None. But that doesn t stop them,
and the media is more than happy to give them a microphone to do so.
Frankly, I ve had it with having to listen to Pat Ireland s opinion on every subject or
event that the media deems “affecting women.” Who is she to speak for women, anyway?
Ireland s views and lifestyle are so out of touch with the average American woman, let
alone Christian woman, that she couldn t speak for them if she spent five years as
housewife and mother for an East Texas preacher and twelve bratty kids.
The NOW gang and all the other gender feminists are at odds with human nature.
They re not interested in how things are supposed to be, only in how they want them to
be. If nature doesn t fall in line with their views, screw nature.
Only an idiot doesn t recognize that little boys and little girls think differently. Only a
bigger idiot doesn t see that big boys and big girls think even more differently. Feminists
would claim this is due to “sexist indoctrination. ” This must be the most effective
indoctrination program in human history. Maybe we should use the same techniques to
teach high school students where the heck France is.
I ve lived long enough to have gone through the era when men were advised to be
“sensitive.” I even tried to be so myself. It got me nowhere. Zilch. Zippo. When the
rubber met the road women didn t want that, no matter how much Pat Ireland said they
The fact is, no matter what they say to be politically correct, most women want a man
who is strong, confident and willing to take the lead. Most men want a woman who
appreciates these qualities. This doesn t mean men should be bossy. No one likes to be
bossed around. But most women admire a man who, when everyone else is hesitating,
steps up to the plate.
This is true from the first date. If the man isn t decisive about what movie he wants to
see he isn t going to get to first base. The woman may grind her teeth sitting through
Cyborg Bikers of Death 2000, but she ll admire the man for being decisive about it.
Romance novels are a multi-million dollar industry financed almost exclusively by female
readers. The male character in these stories is always the so-called “Alpha male,” a man
who is handsome, independent, self-confident and a bit roguish. Grumpy feminists despise
both the genre and the character. Dreamy female readers continue to lay down their
Feminists shriek that these women are brainwashed, that a “patriarchal” society has so
oppressed them that they don t even know it. The fact is the feminists are twits. Women
want to be ravished, then supported; men want to oblige them, then protect them. Does
this describe a sick society? Not unless you think human nature is sick by design. Even if
it is there isn t much we can do about it. Certainly feminist yammering isn t going to
The ultimate irony is, after all the terminally-earnest handwringing, the woman has her
say and gets her way. When the flames of passion subside and she looks around and
decides she wants a sofa with blue roses on it, she gets a sofa with blue roses on it. The
prudent husband knows to respond, “Yes, dear.” Behind all the Promise Keepers
dedication and supplication is this basic understanding, which is why they know they need
God s help.
- Riske Vs. Reserved Essay, Research Paper Riske vs. Reserved Women in the ... appearances Chaucer gives to each of the characters to ... the Wife of Bath?s nature of education acquires no social ... her conflicting, liberal and feministic ideals drive society away. But ...
- Culture Vs. Race Essay, Research Paper Anthropologists have ... feminists to locate sex differences in culture, not biology or nature ... a Americanist anthropology, with each term tending toward the ... NM: School of American Research Press. Visweswaran, Kamala. ( ...
- Freud Essay, Research Paper Sigmund Freud was ... learned and accepted as "natural." -John Hodge: Feminist ... sense absent-mindedly, provides. Feminists? preoccupation with Freud?s patriarchal bias ... in a constant mother/son vs. father/daughter confrontation. A ...
- The Philosophy Of Nietzsche Essay, Research Paper “I fear we ... work of certain contemporary feminists. Donna Haraway’s exploration ... the polemic of “feminism” vs. “deconstruction” is too ... Enlightenment questions about the nature of the individual, society ...
- Erotica V. Pornography Essay, Research Paper Cages. Consider a birdcage. ... . In Gloria Steinem’s essay ‘Erotica vs. Pornography’, pornography is ... legal steps taken by feminists to protest pornography-all ... stereotypes, and also the natural inferiority of women all ...