Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Evolution Of Sex
In my pursuit to better understand how sexual intercourse has evolved and to what
degree it will continue to evolve, I encountered question after question. It seemed that
every time I came upon an answer I was quickly bogged down with another question of a
different nature. This made it difficult to set a course or pick an exact topic- so I skipped
from idea to idea and don?t have a paper that will quickly be accepted by scientist or
professors around the world. Never the less, I feel that I?ve done quite a bit of
researching and have come to some solid conclusion that can open up some doors or at
the very least get people to look at sex from some new angles.
The first and perhaps most complicated question is ?why do humans need two
partners to have sex?? This question instantly makes one realize that there are organisms
that reproduce asexually, or without a second partner. The scientific and genetic answer
to this question goes as follows. The initial change from asexual reproduction to modern
day conception between humans involved binary cell fusion- the advantage is hybrid
vigor; masking deleterious mutations. Second, the use of one spindle apparatus allowed
the maintaining of both sets of chromosomes and hence any hybrid vigor effects. Next
the homologous pairing and chiasma- the advantages of this are not entirely clear. Lastly
the Reduction division and syngamy favored the restoration of heterozygosity. Naturally
I can?t even begin to translate what I?ve just typed there. I get very little from the
scientific aspect of this process although I feel its important to include it seeing as there
are some who find this sort of thing trivial. I prefer to key in on the idea that humans
have two partners at present due to the idea of selection. Humans have, through time
evolved the instinct to select a mate and this idea of selection has helped to foster the
evolution of ordinary intercourse.
The next question that I was faced with was ?why is sex fun?? This question
proved to be the more interesting of the two. A question like this can be answered in
These are the three methods that I have choose to use in order to decipher this question.
Christianity is a popular form of religion in this area so I have decided to call
upon some of those beliefs to help me with the question. In Christian religion there is an
- The Disease Of Masturbation Essay, Research Paper The Disease of Masturbation: Values and the concept of Disease by Engelhardt Englhardt ... example of the role of evolution in explanation. Englehardt uses many examples of how the values of ...
- The Development Of Marriage Essay, Research Paper Marriage has gone through many ... civilization progressed monogamy became the idealistic goal of human sex evolution.(The Marriage Institution 6). In ...
- ... Of Computers Essay, Research Paper The evolution of the computer has been an on going struggle with technology. The ... designed the Cray-2 which had six to twelve times the speed as the pervious ... model and the ...
- The Possibility Of Necessity Essay, Research Paper Sam Vaknin’s Psychology, Philosophy, Economics ... it was deemed necessary by evolution. And thought systems can be ... ? a clear tautology. To answer the first three of the six questions that opened our ...
- The Future Of Intelligence Essay, Research Paper An argument between two scientists ,one of them wanting ... sex object? which could be a person of desired characteristics based on the desire of the ... and with evolution will turn into civilised army of people , ...