Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Eight Ways To Spur Creativity In Your Employees Essay, Research Paper
Eight Ways to Spur Creativity in Your Employees
By Daniel Collison, Associate Editor, Smart Workplace Practices
It’s a dog-eat-dog business climate. To ensure your business’s survival beyond 2001, listen to your workers’ profit-minded, productivity-boosting suggestions. What follows are eight tips for boosting employee creativity.
1. Model creativity Change a procedure. Kick-off a new one. You won’t prompt worker creativity if they don’t see it in you. 2. Assure job security Before a successful idea crosses the finish line, a hundred lesser ideas drop out of the race. Reassure employees that they won’t be fired, they won’t be ridiculed, berated, ostracized or punished when their bright ideas fizzle. 3. Workers notice vocabulary of creativity Talk the language: Let workers hear you using terms like “change,” “experiment,” “risk-taking,” “new” and “creative.” 4. Exercise patience It takes time to create a creative workplace. A toddler doesn’t walk overnight. Students learn multiplication tables before opening calculus primers. In the same way, workers need time to grow into their creative talents. 5. Streamline procedures Imagine that an employee on the bottom rung of the ladder makes a suggestion. Does your firm’s red tape hamper that suggestion from rising to the top? If so, it’s time to rethink your suggestion system.
6. Encourage little ideas
Before a 180-watt idea lights up in a worker’s head, many 60-watt ideas pop up. When you scoff at the little ideas, you turn off a worker’s creative processes.
7. Challenging tasks further inventiveness Delegate challenging jobs. Most bosses snatch for themselves the challenging, rewarding tasks. They hand out lesser assignments to subordinates. But these workers can’t exercise much creativity when they’re sharpening pencils. How about sending the big assignments their way a bit more often? 8. Reward top-notch suggestions Money isn’t often the most effective reward. Try throwing a surprise party or treating the worker to a special dinner. Public shows of appreciation such as these are big hits with employees. We recommend: Find out if your work environment can nurture creativity. Ask employees to list those attitudes harbored by you and your supervisors which stifle or foster inventiveness. For the best results, ask a consultant to conduct this survey.
- ... Essay, Research Paper Creative Story: Racing Along Walls ... were still eight more to go. To add to my frustration, ... sqshhh? of the spray bottle. Always being ... “Hey, I just checked your roll cage, and it’s ... and in good taste. I was thinking of ways to approach ...
- ... ?genius’ is known to follow a ?10 year rule’, where this person ... ways Albert Einstein came up with his time and space theories. In ... not uncommon for a creative person to suffer from different types of ... that a certain correlation does exist and it cannot be ...
- In the Absence of the Sacred Would the world exist today ... safer. Airports can detect trouble easier. Police can protect your ... get to houses more quickly. In all ways of life, it is safer. ... chance for justice and individual creativity.” Supporters of this view ...
- ... year-long university courses, are suggested in each of the eight categories ... ability to engage in creative thinking, combining disparate experiences in insightful ways contextual ... motivation is clearly superior to extrinsic. According to his hierarchy of ...
- ... in this sphere. Moreover, the concept of World Picture can be determined in 2 ways ... and language exist in dialogue between ... to limit folklore to the creative aspects of a society, as reflected in its day-to ... [your (singular)], «наш» [our], «ваш» [your (plural ...