Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Gang are stereotyped to be a bunch of “thugs”who
walk around selling drugs, shooting, and participating in other criminal activity. To an
extent, this is true, but what people dont really take the time to consider is the fact that
some gangs are more than just “thugs on the block.” Some gangs, in fact most are acually
organized. The article covers a few bare essentials to hindering this type of organization
in the school settings and gives steps to reducing it.
Three main points the article deals with the prevention of gang activity
in the schools, they are, not to ignore the situation, formulate realistic objectives and
goals to eliminating the problem and to set up communication networks. School officials
must be realistic in their approach to gangs in the schools and decide to concentrate more
of their efforts on preventing or reducing gang related activity. Administrators who deny
the presence of gangs limit their options to confront gangs realistically and effectively.
Secondly, formulate realistic objectives and goals to controlling the problem. If
the gang activity is to intense, reduction would be a better plan to enact than prevention.
Make it known to gang members that their actions are being monitered and will not be
tolerated. Enact new “gang codes” in student hand books focusing on dressing in gang
colors and paraphernalia. Take strict action upon those violating the code. This will
serve as a deterrance and send out of signal to other gang members that serious steps are
being taken to reduce gang activity.
Finally, communitcation networks needs to be established. It is essential to the
well being of a task that open lines of communication between team members, neighbors,
students, parents and most importantly, law enforcement are being kept. Gathering and
sharing imfornation is a critical part of evaluation the situation. If gang activity is seen
going on in a designated area, all the coensiding parties should know. Also, take
notice and discuss grafitti and gang colors in certain areas. Share this type of
information with team members and make the location known to gang members that the
area is under survelance.
These three topics are of utmost importance because gang activity in schools are
not being addressed. The lack of knowledge about gangs makes it more reluctant for
school official not to deal with them. Serious actions by schooling administraters
need to become a larger part of the their daily curriculum. Until the situation at hand is
addressed by school officials, the problem will only grow. Steps need to be taken now to
keep our schools safe before the problem become to large to handle.
- Gangs 2 Essay, Research Paper Society would like to accept that children lost to gangs are from dysfunctional ... into a fight with a rival gang member because each claimed a different neighborhood. Her ...
- Gangs 2 Essay, Research Paper Analysis of Gangs Gangs are a violent reality that people have ... part time gang jobs. Although these are important factors they are not strong ... that gangs are living. However, to a child this portrays a violent gang existance ...
- Gange Violence Essay, Research Paper Today Gang violence not only kills millions ... pursuit of happiness are all crippled by gangs and gang related violence. Others ... against gang activity are well within the bounds of the constitution. Gangs have ...
- Gang Violence Essay, Research Paper Gang violence only takes ... of people involved. Gang members are usually considered detriments to ... involved in gangs. As detective Martin states, gang violence has ... of rival gangs are motivated by their dislike for each other, ...
- Saving Lancaster Essay, Research Paper There are problems facing people everyday, ... why two skin head gangs are so prevalent in the ... driving teens to the gang life. Getting businesses like ... provide positive alternatives to the gang life. A money flow would ...