Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Ultimate Pet: A Pet Rock Essay, Research Paper
The Ultimate Pet: A Pet Rock
A pet rock can be as comforting to me as any canine or feline. Some
would believe that a man’s best friend is a dog. However, living in a confined
two bedroom apartment, I do not have the luxury or permission for a forty pound
dog to be plopping around. This is why I have found comfort in my pet rock. A
pet rock can replace many of the duties, such as a companionship, I can get
from a pet dog or cat.
When I go shopping for a pet, I look for the appropriate size and color
to meet my needs. Some people like big animals, some small. Some animals come
in black, brown, white, yellow; yet some are spotted. The same goes for my rock.
When I went “shopping” for my rock, I didn’t want one too small, for it would
get lost like a gerbil. I didn’t want one too big like a Labrador, for I would
trip over it every time I walked into the room. I needed a pet the size of a
fat barn cat, like the ones back home in northeast Iowa.
On my walk to the river before I left for college, I found many rocks
within my size range. I couldn’t decide which one I should pick, but then on
the side of the muddy bank, partly submerged in the water, lay a shinny, sandy,
orange stone. It called out for me to pick it to take home instead of the
others, like a puppy does from a pet store window. When I held the rock in my
hands, I knew it was the one I wanted, and the rock that I needed.
Now as for a name. That was easy. How does one name his cat or dog,
bird or fish? Every pet has a name, so they’re not so hard to come with. I
Some people may be thinking, “A rock….what kind of a companion can a
rock be?” Just like a cat or dog, it will sit with me and listen to all of my
problems and worries. The rock won’t talk back or give unwanted advice. My
world feels like a better place after a conversation with my pet rock. Best of
all, he will love you no matter what words or force you put on him. All of
ones anxieties can be released.
A pet rock may have even more advantages than the common pet dog or cat.
There isn’t a toilet training process; it won’t eat my furniture or shed on my
couch. The rock won’t beg at the dinner table, fart when I have company, or
give my boss a slimmy kiss on his brand new pants. What more can you ask for in
As well, a pet rock can do tricks too. It can sit and stay; it can
roll over if you give it a gentle kick; it can play dead and freeze.
The best thing about having a pet rock is that there aren’t any
veterinary bills, no food expenses, and the rock can’t breed, so there will
never be any “little” rocks laying around. Yes, dogs and cats are good pets,
but can’t a rock be a good pet too?
- ... be claiming thousands of lives each year. The antibiotic penicillin is another ... of the stepping stones that will help reach the ultimate goal. This is the modification ... greater factor then the minimal pain the animal is put through. Its not ...
- ... the individual; rather, the rich maintained their property for the good of the society and the ... is exactly the same in its lines on each side, ... find that the poor, who are hard put to it ... business and capitalist domination ultimately results in a harsh reality ...
- ... he had a bit of stuff put by” (Joyce 76). Mrs. ... for Mr. Doran would mean the risk of him losing his job ... their real conditions of existence. The ultimate gain in this process will ... “in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development ...
- The Bluest Eye By Toni Morrison Essay, Research Paper Post World War I, ... ridicule. At home she was put through the same thing, if not ... his community as a boy ultimately influenced the way he was as a ... was impossible for Cholly to rise above them. While it is ...
- ... often resorted to war with each other in their struggles ... several organized hacker groups from Russia, the Ukraine, and elsewhere in ... anymore. He could mount the ultimate low-tech denial of service ... front door, but you put the key under the front door mat. ...