Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Dog Training Essay, Research Paper
Values taught to use during our childhood plays an important part in our
characters. These values are instilled in use by our parents, guardians, teachers and many
more. The values taught are hardly ever questioned and even if one does, they still end up
doing what they were asked to do. This kind of drilling is similar to the one used for
Dogs don?t have intellect to understand what man says so there is no verbal
communication between them, yet a dog will do as the master asks him to. This is
because man uses directions and words to train his dog to do what he(man) wants. In the
same way, children are taught values and morals and they are constantly reminded to
practice them and in the end it becomes a norm.
I was taught to eat using my right hand and to hold the spoon and fork with my
right hand. I did not understand what difference it made but I did as I was told to. I
grew old enough to start using silverware and soon the rules changed and I was
to use a knife on my right hand a fork on my left. I initialy resisted because that was not
what I had been doing for many years and the most confusing thing was that it was the
same person who told me to use my right hand, my mum. This made me follow the
directions with lots of strain. This was not the only occasion.
When growing up, my mother told my sister and I that we had to be ladies. We were
not supposed to shout when talking, run around the house, sit with our legs ?open?, climb
trees like tomboys and to use polite words like please, thank you, may I, and sorry. The
reason for this was that in England, there lived Prince William and Harry who would
marry us when we grew up only if we were ladies. This made us act like little ladies all
the time as much as we could. We grew up and found out that whatever we did, whether
good or bad in the books, we could not marry the Prince?s because we weren?t from a
Royal family. By then the values were in us.
I was also made to believe that one could not question what was said by any older
person in all walks of life. That meant that all that I was taught in school was true and I
could not even think of challenging a teacher if I had a different opinion in a certain
discussion. I later grew up to know that teachers aren?t always correct and that a problem
could have more than two solutions, thus my ideas could also be correct. It still makes it
hard for me to challenge an older person.
This dog like training develops us the way someone else wants us to be and there
isn?t much that we can do until we find out the truth. Even after knowing what is really
going on, we might choose to stick to what we have been doing for a long time and not
changing our behaviors.
- ... Shepherds Essay, Research Paper http://www.k9web.com/dog-faqs/breeds ... good health Housebreaking Crate training Socialization Discipline Obedience ... of dog. Unfortunately, the very characteristics we value ... at http://www.tezcat.com/~rescue/rescuegrps ...
- Affirmative Action Essay, Research Paper I. The History of ... culture, race, language, custom, values, status, and nationality is superior ... the training we have received. The common thread of thought ... actually become connected and dig into the benefits of ...
- Sigmund Freud Essay, Research Paper Many ... forcibly blocked from conscious thought because it would ... impulses into socially valued motivations. Sublimation is ... No, if you said, “dog,” I would say “dependent.” ... during her toilet training stage, she refused ...
- 2Pac Facts Essay, Research Paper 1997 ... . He started weight training and getting tatoos. ... Hollywood over traditional values, and said that ... Tupac said, “I thought, I really thought I made a friend, I thought, ‘I know Janet ... I had your back, dog.” Tupac went to a ...
- Starship Troopers Essay, Research Paper “The historians can’t seem ... about recruits having to test experimental survival suits on Titan ... of punishment on a dog during its house training phase, we would ... Social Contract should be valued, and anyone who violates ...