Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Why You should Become an Organ Donor
Why should you become an organ donor? There are plenty of reasons
why you should become an organ donor. Many of humans die every hour
just because one person didn’t become an organ donor. This paper will give
facts and reasons why you should become an organ donor.
A person dies every three hours because of the shortage of organ
donors. Just one person, can help over 50 people. Organ donation, is the
donation of your organs after you have deceased and no longer need them. If
you no longer need your organs, why keep them? You can give your organs
to someone else that need them and save their life. Only when everything
possible has been done to save your life has failed, does donation take place.
Doctors surgically remove the organs needed, then give them to the patient
waiting for them. No cost will be charged for the removal of the organ, nor
will any money be paid to the family of the organ donor.
Any one, at any age, can become a donor. Tell your family that you
wish to donate your organs if something tragic happens to you. Or, when
you go into renew your driver’s license they will ask you if you would like to
be an organ donor. Say yes, and they will mark a small box on your license
saying that you are an organ donor. Families of donors must give their
permission before donation can happen. They can stop a donation no matter
what you have said or signed. A new name is added to the National Donor
Register every 30 minutes. Already 20% of the people who die yearly
become an organ donor, but 50,000 Americans are awaiting a transplant, and
12,000 to 15,000 people who die yearly are medically suitable for an organ
There are a lot of myths about organ donation. Example: If you are in
a car accident and are still alive, people will forget to treat you or even kill
you, so they can get your organs. This is not true. There is no police record
or report of this ever happening. Also people think that having an organ
removed will disfigure your body. This is also not true. Donating doesn’t
disfigure your body in any way. It doesn’t prevent you from having an open
casket funeral. You can donate heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, pancreas, skin,
bones, eyes, veins, and heart valves. More than ever, people need organ
donations. New drugs and procedures help make the transplant safer, which
makes the need for organs greater.
If you would like to become an organ donor, the most important thing
to do is talk to your family about it and make sure they understand your
wishes. Also make sure that you get the yes in the donor box on your license.
Remember, you can save many lives by just becoming an organ donor!
Ryan, George H. “Facts About Organ and Tissue Donation.”
“Not All Angels are in Heaven.” http://www.youthunite.com. 1997
Worsnop, Richard. “Transplants: Why demand Exceeds Supply.” (Vol. 1,
No. 37, 1990) : p. 570-582. Rpt. in Science, Art. #26
“Organ Donation: Share your Decision with Others.”
“FAQ on Organ Donation.” http://www.hkmedass.hongkong. 1995
- Organ Donation Essay, Research Paper Lane Hamilton Persuasion Paper Organ Donation As of 1995 there ... donation process. Today I’d like to inform you on the myths of organ donation so you ... the reasons why more individuals have false ideas about donation and ...
- Now you have to realize that ... which people die or not? You and I are not some ... drink it away. Next please. Why should they be offered a ... about the proper procedure for organ donation, and need to be clued ... some people don t know that you have to alert your next ...
- ... and they obviously loved each other very much. ... to research organ donation forty people died waiting for organs, but why? ... rearranging ideas for this research paper. Twenty more people ... decide against donation. If you have discussed organ donation with your ...
- ... lies in a casket. Another reason donating doesn t affect the funeral is ... major religions approve of organ and tissue donation and consider it a ... loved one. They cannot see why God would take their son ... kind of people you would be helping if you were a donor. ...
- Cloning Essay, Research Paper CLONING Have you ever imagined what ... great number of failures with organ donation. The failures can cause ... us benefit by solving organ donation problems. another great reason ... nor to they understand why cancerous cells lose their ...