Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Visual Light Essay, Research Paper
Wavelength: 3.5 × 10-7m to 7.5 × 10-7m Sources: Very hot bodies (progressively red-hot, yellow-hot and then white-hot),
discharge lamps (eg, most bulbs), phosphorence and fluorescence of other types
of electromagnetic radiation into visible light. Detection: Photographic plates, photocells, the human eye. Uses: Cathode ray tubes, which emit light, are used for televisions, computer
monitors and the like. LED displays are used for cheap low resolution visual
information. LCDs use the reflection of light for a similar goal. Bulbs are
used for lighting which human beings and other animals then use as an aid for
(amongst other things) location resolving, navigation, communication, and
peripheral/accessory movement (eg, lifting cups of tea). Apart from all the everyday types of visual
communication there are a few other less obvious uses for visible light (which
do not depend on it’s visible to humans property). One is for
high-speed fibre optic links, where red light lasers, green light lasers and
(in the future) blue light lasers can carry digital data across long distances
at very high speed. With the emergence of the internet these high-bandwidth
solutions hold the key to global information sharing since the current
infrastructure is not be capable of sustaining the emerging traffic. Comments: The label "Visible" light demonstrates the ego-centricity of the
human race. The short side of infrared and the long side of ultraviolet are
separated by an extremely short band (relatively speaking) of radiation which
is detectable by the human eye. It is unlikely that another race of intelligent
beings, if it had a different natively "visible" section, would
highlight the small part between the infrared and ultraviolet as being
- Universe Construction Essay, Research Paper Luminosity is the amount of light that is radiated from ... rock is a moving source. The wavelength is shorter when the rock ... most stable of the six. Visual particles take the form of ...
- Bose-Eistein Condesation Essay, Research Paper Everything in the world ... further, the de Broglie wavelength increases and the size ... having the longest wavelength due to its light weight, would allow ... the condensate in hydrogen, visual imaging was not possible ...
- Holograms Essay, Research Paper I have chosen to do my MIS paper on holograms. I ... characteristics: first the light is monochromic, or a single wavelength/color. Second, ... 6 pg. 5 9. HOLOGRAPHY-Technological innovations VOXEL Inc., Computer Graphics World, Nov ...
- Telescope Essay, Research Paper Light and other kinds of ... , vary, depending on the wavelength or type of radiation being ... In both large and small visual telescopes these axes are often ... and gas that obscure light. For long-wavelength radio waves, however, ...
- Fiber Optics Essay, Research Paper Fiber Optics Fiber Optic ... Radiation) or LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes). Each of these methods ... The other is a longer wavelength absorption by atomic vibrations. For ... audio or visual input into a series of light pulses, called ...