Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Problem With American Society Essay, Research Paper
I have recently noticed that everyone in our society has become soft. We’ve grown used to frills. Fast food, easy women, living with our parents (*wink* Kevin), not to mention a liberal in the White House (could things be any easier?). Sure, sure, these things are great for most, but none of these things are to blame for what has made our civilization so ill.
I believe, that the one thing responsible for our weakness, can be nothing but double-ply toilet paper. That’s right! 2-ply tp is to blame for all of our problems.
I first came to this realization on this very day, while sitting on the can. Relaxing there, I suddenly remembered that I had an essay to write for class, so I’d better get the show on the road. Reaching for the TP, I instead found a 2-ply roll of flower covered softness (my roommate put it there, I do know that some people have no choice about matters like that cuz other people buy that stuff for ‘em)(*wink* Kevin). “This is not a real man’s TP! Real TP should be hard and scratchy!” were the words coming from my mouth as I rolled the paper (over hand, just like a real man). This, however, has nothing to do with the point of my little discussion.
Back to basics here. I’d like to take a bit of your time and focus on what a bunch of softies we’ve become, but I don’t really have to. I think that the results of cushy TP are obvious. I’ll even give a few examples:
In the old days, men hurt themselves,
and were proud of it.
Aren’t soft seats enough?
So people sleep on the ground.
Look how tough Crocodile Dundee was.
If you’ve been sitting in a hard chair so
long your ass hurts, then you’re not working
Any processor over 33 Mhz
Do you have any idea what a P200 costs?
Isn’t the right to bear arms all we
really need? I know it is for me.
I’m not saying anything else about that one.
Protective cups (for sports and crap)
A good whack in the balls will keep you alert.
Too many sitcoms is a bad sign (excluding Roseanne,
Married with Children, and The Simpsons)
A pure example of softness.
How lazy can we get?
Just a little too much support.
If we were truly independant, we’d burn our trash
in the backyard.
I can go on and on about this, but I think you get the idea. We need to become a people who can take care of ourselves. Our great-grandparents didn’t have 2-ply TP. In fact, they probably used their fingers, newspaper, or perhaps a picture of the current president (that’s tempting, even today). Davy Crockett didn’t have 2-ply TP. When he had something like that to take care of, he’d kill bears and wipe his arse with the the fur. What the hell do you think Tibetan nomads wipe themselves with (man, that’s a disturbing thought)? Would Ghandi have approved of someone killing a tree so he could rub his backside with it? For that matter, would you have someone kill a tree so you could stick it between your cheeks?
I don’t think I need to say anymore on the subject. I’ve made my point very clear. That we’ve become just as soft as the TP we wipe ourselves with.
“My dad once told me a great way to cut down on TP expenses. He said, that I should take a single sheet of TP, put my finger through the middle of it, then clean myself with my finger, using the paper as a shield for my knuckles. Then I just wipe my finger clean with the piece of paper, toss it in the can, and be on my way.”
-Charles W. Polk
Thanks for taking the time to read this, it took all of 10 minutes to write.
- Incarcerating Kids Destroys American Society Essay, Research Paper Maggie Marr Marr 2 ... want Florida citizens to help society. The problem is only increasing. Instead ... rehabilitation available. “Without the support and the second chance the juvenile system ...
- ... American Society Essay, Research Paper Using the Infotrac access system, I located two articles regarding consent searches. The ... is in their interest. My problem with the idea of consent searches falls ...
- The Ever-Changing American Culture Essay, Research Paper The Ever-changing American ... the sources of the problem and has only persecuted the user. The ... also infuriated with American culture being ... . Education–Reflecting Our Society. Wylie: Information Plus ...
- ... Wacky Tabbacky Essay, Research Paper HISTORY: Indigenous to Asia, the hemp plant, ... somewhat into the cannabis problem. He became the first Commissioner of the Bureau ... divert the average person’s attention away from the real problems facing American society ...
- ... Installment Plans Essay, Research Paper The Advertising of ... upon by the American public, yet the expansion of the market ... . The solution to this problem came with the development of the sales ... deviated from the more respectable norms of society. As ...