Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Builders of a Beautiful Kingdom
The Ancient Roman culture had a direct impact on how we view art, literature, architecture, education and religion. Early Roman civilizations were very sophisticated and idealistic. They build great architectural buildings and performed famous playwrights at these ancient places. Romans were considered to most advanced civilization of their time. With beautiful statues, well designed buildings, and some of the greatest philosophers came from Rome. One of the most noticeable characteristics of Roman society and culture is the impact of the Greeks. Greek civilization played an increasing role in Roman culture. Greek ambassadors, merchants, and artists traveled to Rome and spread Greek thought and practices. After Rome’s conquest of the Hellenistic Kingdoms, Roman military commanders shipped Greek art and ancient manuscript back to Rome. Every area of Roman life, from literature and philosophy to religion and education, was influenced by Greek models. Greeks were in much demand as tutors, musicians, doctors, and artists. Latin translations of Greek plays for presentation at public festivals introduced Romans to the world of Greek theater. The Romans wore Greek costumes and Greek masks. The Romans were also dependent on the Greeks for artistic inspiration. In the third and second centuries B.C. the Romans adopted many features of the Hellenistic style of art. The Romans excelled in achitecture and in beautiful are. They also built bridges and aqueducts, amphitheaters, and tenement buildings, the Romans also constructed a series of highways that traversed the Roman word and linked it all together. The Romans also developed a taste for
Greek statures which they placed not only in public buildings, but in their private houses. Greek knowledge was a crucial ingredient in education, schools taught by
professional teachers emerged to supply this need. The importance of education to the Romans was very crucial. These schools had a standard curriculum based on the liberal arts like literature, dialectic, arithmetic, writing, reading, geometry, astronomy, and music. They need skills for their Roman citizens to master the basic elements of farming, and develop the physical skills needed to be good soldiers. Girls were supposed to learn the skills needed to be good wives and mothers. To pursue a career, they needed to learn good speaking skills that would enable them to win elections and lawsuits in the court.
When Rome was expanding throughout Italy, the Romans pursed consistent policies and treaties. They excelled in making the correct diplomatic decisions. They had a great military and high power. Rome essentially mobilized the entire military manpower of all Italy for its wars. The Roman had established colonies or fortified town’s at all strategic locations. They built roads to these settlements and connecting them together assured them of an impressive military and communications network that enabled them to rule effectively and efficiently.
Roman religion focused on the worship of the gods because human beings were thought to be totally dependent upon them. The main feature of early Roman
religion was the belief that spirits living forces dwell in all the object of the natural world. Romans came to identify such spiritual forces with gods, but worshiped them without images or temples. The Etruscans made a major impact on Roman religion. The Romans considered the proper worship of the gods an important element of their success. Religion and politics obviously went hand to hand to the Romans. Religious festivals were an important part of Roman religious practices. Proper
rituals by state priest brought the Romans into proper relationship with the gods and guaranteed security, peace, and prosperity.
There was three stages that Rome’s empire was built on. The first was the conquest of Italy, the conflict with Carthage and expansion into the western Mediterranean, and the involve ment with the domination of the Hellenistic kingdoms in the eastern Mediterranean. Rome’s foreign success also had enormous repercussions for the internal development of the Roman Republic.
All of the Roman Empire was great in many way they were the great builder between East and West . Constantinople was the medieval worlds greatest commercial center. The city was the chief entrepot for the exchange of products between east and west. Constantinople was considered to be the crossroad between the East and West. They exchange spices, jewelry, ivory, and varous types of art. The city was the building blocks for further expansion to the East and West.
- Machu Picchu Essay, Research Paper M A C H U P I C C H U E X A M I N E D Introduction High ... sun or the great Inti Raymi was Cristobal de ... grain called quinoa. The builders of Machu Picchu made ... protected_areas/data/wh/macchu.html. pp. 1-5. (Attached) Meisch, ...
- ... And Corporate Memory Essay, Research Paper How can we ... and reinterpreted. The growth of network computers ... Level 5 shell (from Information Builders) on a microcomputer. It took ... [Coleman 1992], pp. 10-20. 4. Ellis C. A., Gibbs S. J. and Rein G. L. Groupware ...
- ... Spain. By 1560s, each year two fleets sailed ... if Panama should remain part of Colombia or ... the United States canal builders arrived in 1904 to ... Liberal Party. De la Guardia was a conservative businessman and ... (Partido Paname ista—PP), the electoral vehicle ...
- ... von Hagen, Sun, pp. 20, 29)! ... “Savages!” In this paper, I will try ... a short description of each city. After leaving ... hapazard manner; room layout was not ... of the builders and gave ... did some research on the subject ... of the Americas. Great Britain: Thames & ...
- ... Goff’s Bavinger House Essay, Research Paper Introduction: Bruce Goff??s ... continuous spiral enclosure. Each room was circular in shape ... suspended roof, spiral stair, room-pods, and closet elements ... , March, 1963, pp. 158-159. ??Great Builders of the 1960??s.?? ...