Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Civil War Essay, Research Paper
Per. 5 H. History
The Civil War leads to the Glorious Revolution
The civil war lasted from 1642 to 1649. Directly after the civil war came the
Glorious Revolution, when James II was overthrown. Facts of history show us that the
civil war was one of the main causes that lead to the glorious revolution. Many events
occurred during the Civil war, which lead to the overthrow of James II.
In 1641, the parliaments passed a law, which limited the royal power. Charles was
furious, and he tried to arrest the parliament, but they escaped. A mob of Londoners
raged out side of the palace. Charles fled to London, and found many followers. People
there were loyal to him. From 1642 to 1649, the supporters and opponents of Charles
fought in the Civil war. The ones who were loyal to Charles were called Cavaliers, and
his opponents were called Puritans. In 1644, the Puritans found a general who could win
the civil war. His name was Oliver Cromwell. In 1646, Cromwell and his new army
defeated the Cavaliers. In 1649, Charles was found guilty of treason, and sentenced to
death. This execution was revolutionary. After Cromwell died, Charles II became the
In 1685, Charles II died, and James II became king. He soon angered his subjects
by flaunting his Catholicism, and appointing Catholic men in high offices. Seven
members of the Parliament invited William and Mary to overthrow James. William and
Mary lead their army to London, but James fled to France. The overthrow of King James
II was called the glorious revolution.
As we look closely into the facts of history, we realize that many event were
linked together. The glorious revolution could not have happened if it had not been for
the civil war. The civil war time began the limitation of royal power, and without this,
the subjects would have not been able to over throw a king. Another reason the civil war
lead to the glorious revolution is that Charles was executed during the civil war. If
Charles had not been executed he might have still been king, so the overthrow of James
couldn?t have happened.
- Chivalric Heroism Essay, Research Paper Rosa Parks: Angry Bus ... been a leading spokeswoman for civil rights and won numerous honors ... is true that the graceful footwork and the lightening punch ... prominent conscientious objections against the war. He came back to ...
- Random Dies Essay, Research Paper Dies IraeProbably the composition ... cum Sybilla. Quantus tremor est futurus, quando judex est venturus, ... IRAE SUNG IN THE SISTINE CHAPEL Oscar Wilde – 1881Dies ... Symphony Fantastique by Berlioz War Requiem by Britten Totentaz ...
- Dance Essay, Research Paper Dance has been a part of ... , with the commotion of World War I, the arts reflected a major ... curved body movements and unusual footwork (Praagh 130). Not long after ... for a front row seat at “Copellia,” “Swan Lake” or “Nutcracker.” ...
- ... Films Of The Seventies Essay, Research Paper 1970s Hollywood has ... work of Italian directors Federico Fellini (La Dolce Vita ... often pessimistic manner. Both Coppola and Scorsese addressed the ... 's Kurtz climaxes Coppola's portrayal of the war as a relentless ...
- ... Pound And Sigismondo Malatesta Essay, Research Paper Lawrence Rainey It should ... refurbishing of a single chapel within an extant church ... a figure equally capable in war and art, in action ... ," "The Illus. Sgr. Mr. Fedricho d’Orbino," "Sidg"); modern slang (" ...