Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
In The Glass Menagerie there was a character that was alienated. Writers
often highlight the values of a culture or a society by using characters who
are alienated from that culture or society because of gender, race, class, or
Laura alienated in many different ways. One way that she is alienated
is that her physical ability prevents her from being acknowledged. She has a
crippled leg and has a crippled walk. Another way she is alienated is she
doesn?t live up to her mom?s standards o her mom doesn?t accept her for
who she is. For example when the mom asks how many gentleman callers
are coming on a certain night and the daughter says none, the mom is
shocked. The students at the school and teachers alienated her because she
was quiet and vomited in the classroom. She, I think, alienated herself from
everybody and society. She is the one who quit going to school and stays in
they house all the time. I think it is her fault for being alienated.
She was affected in many ways by this alienation. One way she was
affected by it is she hid herself from society. For example she always stayed
in the house except when she lied about going to school. Lying was another
affect of the alienation. She started to lie about going to school and just
walked around in the park when she was supposed to be at school. She also
kept to herself and had only one true friend. Her only true friend to her was
her glass animal collection.
Laura being alienated was of major importance to the work as a
whole. One reason is that one of the themes was that the mom was trying to
live in the past or trying to have her daughter live the same exact way she
did. But this was hard because she was crippled and secluded herself from
society so that no gentleman callers would come. For example the mom
thought that the daughter was going to have a whole bunch of gentlemen
callers but she ended up not having any. Another reason is how the title of
the story was The Glass Menagerie. Since this character was alienated all
she had was her glass menagerie. Another reason it is important is that she
wouldn?t of quit school and quitting school is what started the story off.
Well the mom finding out about her quitting school. If she wasn?t alienated
she wouldn?t of gotten sick and had to vomit in that classroom.
Writers often highlight the values of a culture or a society by using
characters who are alienated from that culture or society because of gender,
race, class, or creed. The character was alienated in The Glass Menagerie
because of class and physical ability or appearance.
- The Glass Menagerie Essay, Research Paper All four members of the Wingfield family have chosen to ... of the characters in The Glass Menagerie, making careful reference to the text.In Tennessee Williams? play, the glass menagerie ...
- The Glass Menagerie Essay, Research Paper No Escape Tennessee Williams’ play “The Glass Menagerie” relives the horrors of the Great Depression and ... function properly in the outside world. Another major symbol is the title “The Glass Menagerie,” which ...
- The Glass Menagerie Essay, Research Paper Symbolism is a major aspect in Tennessee William’s famous play, “The Glass Menagerie.” On the surface, the short ...
- The Glass Menagerie Essay, Research Paper Tennessee Williams? The Glass Menagerie Tennessee Williams is one the major writers of the mid-twentieth ... fulfilling those dreams. In The Glass Menagerie, the fire escape symbolizes the way for Amanda Wingfield ...
- The Glass Menagerie Essay, Research Paper Worlds of Escape In The Glass Menagerie, Tennessee Williams creates a world in which the characters escape from ...