Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Darkness in our society is indicative of evil. For instance, a black cat, a dark
night, a dark place are all symbols of evil. There are only a few good people
out there today. In Macbeth William Shakespeare proves to us that there is evil
in all of us but in the end the good triupths. In this play the main character
Macbeth and his wife Lady Macbeth represent evil the king and queen of Scotland
become murderers and the most hated people. The evilness in them brigs out the
good in other characters in the play. In the beginning of the play Macbeth is a
strong soldier who fights for the King without mercy, but his strive for
ambition and his curious nature leads him to the Witches who give him the 3
prophecies. They are that he will become the thane of Glamis, thane of Cawdor
and the king of Scotland. " All hail, Macbeth! Hail to thee, thane of
Glamis All hail, Macbeth! Hail to thee, thane of Cawdor All hail, Macbeth! That
shalt be king hereafter."(I, III, l. 50-53) Soon after the meeting with the
witches Macbeth realises that he is the thane of Glamis and the thane of Cawdor.
He realises that the only way for the 3rd prophecy to come true is to kill
Duncan the king of Scotland. So Macbeth and his wife decide to kill Duncan and
Macbeth becomes the king. He then decides he should kill Banquo because he could
betray him, the witches said that Banquo would be the father to the line of
kings and that means Macbeth will not be king for a long time. The murder of
Banquo lead to Macbeth’s downfall. Lady Macbeth an evil and weak woman made her
husband kill Duncan, the king of Scotland at the time. With her words and her
love for her husband she changed his mind. Besides who would ever suspect them
as being the murderers. " Art thou afeared to be the same ion thine own Act
and valour as thou art in desire? Woulds thou Have that which thou esteem’s the
ornament of life. And live a coward in thine own esteem, letting I dare not
Wait, wait upon I would, like the poor cat I the adage."(I, VII, l.42-48)
Making Macbeth feel bad and not strong enough she changed his mind. He was now
ready to kill Duncan. When she became the queen of Scotland something that she
never thought would happen happened. She could not sleep because she could not
stop dreaming about Duncan and his body that was scattered with blood. She would
keep on washing her hands so the blood would disappear but it was not helping
her because soon after she died. Banquo is Macbeth’s former best friend who
knows about the witches and knows that there is something-weird going on. He is
an honest and loyal friend that served the king. When he realised that Macbeth
killed Duncan he knew that it would be his turn. "Thou hast it now: king,
Cawdor, Glamis, all. As The weird women promised; and I fear thou play’dst Most
foully for’t yet it was said. It should not stand In thy posterity"(III, I,
l.1-4) Banquo realised that Macbeth wants to kill him as well, the witches said
that he would be the father to the line of kings. That means that Macbeth could
not be king for a long time, so the only thing that Macbeth could do is kill him
and his son. Macbeth killed Banquo but his son Fleance escaped and that is why
Banquos murder led to Macbeth’s downfall. Fleance would live to tell everyone
what happened. After Banquo’s murder Macbeth would forever be haunted by his
soul and Macbeth would never rest in peace. Mucduff was another of the king’s
loyal friends who knew Macbeth was the murderer. Macbeth killed his children,
his wife and destroyed his life. The only thing that was left for him to do was
get revenge. He said that if he doesn’t kill Macbeth he will not be able to
sleep and he will never rest in peace. " If thou be’st slain and with no
stroke Of mine, my wife and children ghosts will Haunt me still"(V, I,
l.20-22) Revenge was the only thing that Macduff had on his mind. He could not
rest in peace if he did not kill Macbeth. The only way to prove to himself and
his wife that he cares about her like he did before is to kill Macbeth. At the
end of the play Macduff gets his revenge, he kills Macbeth. This play represents
the evil and the darkness but on the other hand it also represents good and
justice. All of the characters in this play that represented evil got what they
deserved but there is character such as Duncan and banquo who did not get what
they deserved but if it was not for them the evil would of not been destroyed.
The message of this play is that what goes around comes around.
Shakespeare, William Macbeth Toronto: Harcourt, Brace & Company, 1988
- Macbeth Essay, Research Paper One of the most important tools in literature is imagery. It ... of the play. The darkness imagery in Macbeth contributes to its ominous ... actually more evil. Darkness imagery was very effective in characterizing Macbeth in all the ...
- Macbeth Essay, Research Paper Macbeth, a Play for our Time. The ... -25) Shakespeare uses sunlight and darkness in contrast to intensify our understanding ... example of darkness as evil. Lady Macbeth’s lines hint at the evil deeds which ...
- Macbeth Essay, Research Paper There are many forms of imagery in the world today. They usually ... then calls on darkness to hide his evil thoughts. Lady Macbeth does the ... of darkness, killing Duncan, he was overwhelmed and would never escape evil ...
- Macbeth Essay, Research Paper Macbeth, darkness Late Night With Macbeth In Shakespeare’s play, Macbeth, darkness and night play a major role. ... that prevent him from doing evil. His guilt builds inside him ...
- Macbeth Essay, Research Paper THE NATURE OF EVIL How does the play portray evil as a perversion of ... and darkness is reflected in the setting. How does the fact that Macbeth ...