Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Guess Incorporated Essay, Research Paper
The Marciano brothers were the founders of Guess Incorporated.
They grew up in the South of France, a region which created a
passionate understanding of French design and the essence of style.
The Marcianos combined their European sensibilities with a love fof
classic American tradion and created Guess? Inc.
During the 1970?s fashion had no direction, it was a time when
people did not like to wear denim, they thought it was outdated and
they thought of jeans as a fashion statement. Well the Marciano
brothers changed that forever. Their approach to change fashion was
fresh, they tried to set a standard for new vision of denim. At first
retailers did not come to understand Guess?, Buyers thought that
denimwas finished. First, they started out with a three-zip Marilyn
jean. People thought it was sexy, they said it was a jean for those who
wanted to maje a statement and express their individual sense of style
and attitude. After resistance Bloomingdales agredd to sell two dozen
pairs of the Marilyn three-zip jean as a favor to the Marciano brothers,
they ended up selling out.
The label Guess? was born in 1981 and would become one of
the most recognized and influentialbrand names. The Guess?
collection has a large range of clothes and accessories for men,
women,and children as well as the home.
Since the begining Guess? has been organized by the Marciano
brothers, Maurice, Paul, and Armand. Maurice Marciano was the Co-
Chairman and the Co-Chief Executive Officer, he has overseen the
company?s design direction and inspired its lively and serious
expansion since 1982. Paul Marciano was the Co-Chairman and
Co-Chief Executive Officer. Armand Marciano was Senior Executive
Vice President, oversees retail, processing, shipping, and customer
relations for Guess? which has product licenses throughout the world.
Georges Marciano co-founded Guess?, he was given the credit of
naming the company and directing the original clothing line. He
started his career in fashion designing men?s silk neckties and relying
on his brothers to manufacture and market them.
Till this day Guess? continues to challenge the high standards
which have been created as the Company moves to remain a driving
artistic force in the 21st century. The Marciano brothers say that the
Guess? brand stands for something more than just a collection of
products, it stands for their commitment to the people.
Guess? established a foundation in 1994, it is dedicated to
positive change in the community.In the foundation they pay special
attention to the request for financial assistance that the foundation
receives from the non-profit organizations that benifit education, the
homeless, AIDS research and treatment, and the enironment.
Guess? has outreach programs to help those less fortunate.
These programs include Revlon Run/ Walk for Women, one of the
largest 5k fundraising events, Guess? got involved with the 6th annual
walk on May the 8th of ninety-nine. After that event the participants
gathered in the Los Angeles Coliseum to raise money for the fight
against cancer. Guess? also got involved with the Kosovo Refugee
Crisis, during this event Guess? associates responded to the
oppurtunity to help by buying t-shirts that said ?GUESS? CARES?.
They also participated in an event for a facility serving children on
skid row, called Para Los Ninos. Feed the Children was a foundation
that Guess? partnered with, its a foundation dedicated to providing
food and clothing to the nations children. Guess donated pairs of
pants, socks, shirts, and other needed items, to assist the victims of the
Oklahoma tornadoes. Guess also worked with the Children?s Bureau
of Los Angeles to provide toys for children who have been placed in
foster care due to abuse and neglect. Each year Guess employees give
them special Holiday gifts. Guess and other top designers donate to
Divine Design, then the merchandise is sold to the public, and the
proceeds go to Product Angel Food, a non-profit organiztion that
provides hot meals for homebound patients living with AIDS. Best
Buddies is a program that develops jobs for people with dissibilities.
Fall of ?98 Guess was the first company to in the garment industry to
participate in the Best Buddy program. December 1998, Guess started
a new program designed to raise money for schools. The program is
called The Guess? Fundraising Scrip Program allows schools to buy
this thing called Scrip, its a paper money like a gift cerftificate, from
Guess. Then the school sells it. The difference goes to raise funds for
computer labs, school repairs and music programs.
Guess has participated in many other events helping the
community, like boys scouts of America, March of Dimes, Catholic
Charities, The Fresh Air Fund, U.S. Holocaust Memorial Council,
Toys for Tots, and many many more.
Recently Guess and Macy?s had cotributed to AIDS awareness.
They sponsored the fight against AIDS at Macy?s Passport Teen
Nights in San Fransisco and Los Angeles. The Event included many
celebreties. This event was held in September.
1. ?About Guess.? 11 October 2000.
- ... Essay, Research Paper The Nobel Prize for Literature winner, Toni Morrison, is hailed as “the ... thought the theme of the novel was incorporated well through out the novel. The problems ... Consoleta (Connie), Mavis, Grace (Gigi), Seneca, and Pallas. I thought ...
- ... the spotlight.” The DSM-III-R incorporated an allusion to at least TWO ... states of excitement and excess energy (Forman); ... of self-esteem regulation. In Morrison, A. P., (Ed.), Essential ... guess I tend to project the grandiosity part of the NPD package onto the ...
- ... Essay, Research Paper In the late seventies, Our Nation became shocked and outraged by the ... in it, I wanted to incorporate (porn) into my life, ... death (Itzin 26). Ms Marchiano did escape and when her ... like Ted Bundy,John Wayne Gacey used Porno as a source ...
- History Of Math Essay, Research Paper Mathematics, study of ... important conjecture in the field, written in the margin of his ... first by Gauss, but Gauss was fearful of the controversy that ... once separate have been incorporated into theories that are ...
- Henry Ford Essay, Research Paper HENRY FORD (1863-1947) ... assistant had to take the wheel. “Well, I guess we’ve got ... until in 1913, his plant incorporated the first moving assembly line. ... the flivver outsold its nearest competitor by a six-to-one margin ...