Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Communication Skills Essay, Research Paper
Communication skills are all around us, from the day we are born until
the rest of our lives. How many times have you seen communication skills
required for a job in the classifieds and wonder what it actually means. A
communication skill is some type of skill used in communication, From talking,
body language to even listening. Many things can effect the way one can convey
his or her communication skills to others. All of these skills are very
personnel to one another. Everyone has different ways of expressing some kind
of communication skill within them.
One communication skill is speaking, by far one of the most important
skill we posses. To be a good speaker one must be able to convey ideas clearly
and briefly. One must also have a clear and pleasant tone to his or her voice.
This makes the person you are talking to more attentive, thus, more interested.
The speaker must also be aware of his environment and the people he is speaking
to. Environment plays a lot with what you say and try to convey to people. If
you hear a bird chirping, you might incorporate it to what you where just about
to say. This makes the person you’re talking to even more comfortable with what
you are trying to convey with your thoughts and ideas. This is how different
things can effect one’s communication skill, speaking.
A second communication skill is body language, a very personal way of
expressing yourself without words. One’s body language can carry a whole
conversation without even saying a word. Sign language is an excellent example
of this, one can spend there whole life communicating only with there body.
Still one can be able to understand exactly how a person is trying to express
themselves. Speaking and body language goes hand to hand, without gestures when
talking one cannot truly explain certain things to someone. Also there is no
visual effect for the person listening. When there is sound as well as some
kind of visual movement one is more interested in what someone is trying to say.
Through body language one can tell if a person is sad or happy, glad or mad.
Body language conveys a lot of expression to are inner feelings and thoughts.
Body language can show many things about you and the way you think. It can also
show the way a person reacts to what you try to convey to them. If the listener
isn’t responding one must try and change the topic without losing the listeners
focus. One can only know this threw the listener’s body language. Body
language is essential to a good way of showing and conveying ones’ ideas.
A third and final major communication skill is listening, one of the
most useful communication skills. A good listener is someone who can
concentrate and not loose focus on a subject. When someone listens to someone
sometimes they might start daydreaming or think of something else and loose
focus on a speaker’s subject. Listening is what connects people together. One
“cannot speak if no one is listening,” without a listener there would be no need
for a speaker. Listening is a skill that takes a long time to develop and to
really understand how to listen. One can hear but are they really listening to
what is said?. One way to make a listener’s job easier is to have a speaker who
is clear and brief. This way the listener won’t drift away and the speaker has
stated his or her point. This way the listener has understood what has been
said and can make his or her own interpretations. An active listener is a
listener who is involved with what the speaker is trying to say. He or She for
example may nod, lean forward or make eye contact and Also may take notes. This
shows that the speaker has done his job successfully and the listener is
responding and being active to what has been said. A listener can be biased and
not even listen this does not effect the speaker cause he or she maybe
responding to others. These effects show how important listening is to everyone
and what an important communication skill it really is.
Communication skills will be around us forever and will continue to
thrive and develop as time goes by. These effects on communication skills
showed that one can interpret different things threw one’s communication skills.
As one improves their communication skills it shows us how to talk, listen and
communicate better with one another. As the world progresses we will see more
people taking more time to develop this skill to there fullest. One will
understand to control the effect’s communication skills causes and how to handle
- Communications Theory Essay, Research Paper Communications is that what binds the ... field of corporate communication you will need skills as: ? Basic communication skills (presenting, organising ...
- Community Policing Essay, Research Paper Community policing has emerged since ... consider when training are: communication skills, logical thinking and deductive ... include, sociology, criminology, psychology, communication skills, and computer science. These ...
- Communism Vs. Democracy Essay, Research Paper Communism and Democracy Communism, a concept or system of society ... many Christian ideals in Communism.) Where is Communism alive today? There are ... task, they will have acquired skills and experience they can use ...
- Employment Skills Essay, Research Paper Employment Skills By: Thiru Thirunavukarasu Introduction In my essay I will talk about ... three sub-groups; communication, thinking, and learning skills. Communicate. Communication skills require you to understand ...
- Is Communication Doomed? Essay, Research Paper It is essential that everyone ... China. Americans who are My communication skills are articulate. In my essays ... and syntax. To achieve dynamic communication skills, I devote much time and patience ...