Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Digestive Disorders (Liver) Essay, Research Paper
Amebic Dysentry is a disorder in which there is an
accumulation of pus located in the liver. This is usually caused by
an internal parasite or organism. When dealing with this liver
disease there are a few symptoms to look out for. Jaundice, which
is something that will make your skin and eyes go yellow is a
symptom of Amebic Dysentry. Other symptoms to look out for
are chills, a high fever, sweating, diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight
loss, abdominal pain, possible joint pain and an all around basic
Amebic Dysentry is caused by the same micro-organism that
causes a variety of intestine infections. This organism is carried
through the blood stream to the liver to where the abscess is
formed. For starters, the collection of pus is the bodies white
blood cells forming to protect the liver. However, it collects too
much and that is how the abscess is formed. When you are
diagnosed with amebic liver you are very likely to also have an
intestinal infection from the disease as well. This is not true for all
cases though. Most cases in which both occur are in places of
high temperatures and poor sanitation. Africa, Latin America,
Southeast Asia, and India have many health problems
associated with the disease. The most common way to get this
disease is from one person to another. The other most common
way is through unhealthy food and badly sanitized water. Not
eating properly and excessive drinking will only worsen the
There are many ways that you can help prevent getting this
disease. If you go to a foreign country, especially in the tropics,
always drink purified water, always peel fruit and vegetables, and
cook your food at any time possible.
If you think that you may have amebic liver, you should get
a liver scan and an ultrasound treatment. If you are diagnosed
with it the usual treatment for this is Antimicrobial therapy is the
way to go. The first step taken is they will drain the abscess (pus
collection) to relieve some discomfort. After that, antibiotics and
medication will get rid of the organism.
If you do not get medical attention for this the abscess may
rupture and infect your insides, rupture into the lungs and hence…
cause death to occur. So as you can see, attending to the disease is
very, very, important.
- Cirrhosis Of The Liver Essay, Research Paper The Three categories of disease ... Degenerative and Hereditary and Genetic Disorders all have their own types ... national Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases; maybe this ...
- Alcoholosm Essay, Research Paper Within the context of our ... include a wide range of digestive system disorders such as ulcers and inflammation ... a common disorder of the digestive system known as cirrhosis of the liver. Moreover ...
- Human Disease Research Essay, Research Paper Human Disease IINTRODUCTION Human Disease, ... can lead to liver disease, brain damage, and nutritional disorders. Repetitive stress ... membranes, which line the respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive tracts, ...
- Drugs Essay, Research Paper TOBACCO Tobacco is a plant grown ... ailments -Skin problems -Sexual impotence -Liver damage -Heart and central nervous ... drinking are the digestive and nervous systems. Digestive-system disorders that may be ...
- Clinical Chemistry In Medicine Essay, Research Paper Of the diagnostic ... liver glycogen in oxygen deficiency), certain physiologic conditions (exposure to cold, digestion ... major fluid loss in gastrointestinal disorders (i.e., vomiting, diarrhea), renal ...