Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
Harriet Tubman Essay, Research Paper
Harriet Tubman was a brave woman, she managed to take eleven slaves to
Canada, with no one noticing anything. She also did something that was
surprising, she took the gun that she had with her to make a slave stay or to die,
“We got to go free or die.” She didn’t allowed a slave to go back while they were
traveling because someone might figured that he/she were returning from the
running slaves and might have to answer questions. She traveled to differents
places to stay like Thomas Garret’s house in Wilmington, Delaware. She wanted
to get to Canada to have a chance to feel what it would be like to be free. She
painted pictures of what she thought Canada would be like, that shows she
wanted to be free. In the couples of houses she stopped to get food and to get
warm, I believe the persons that owned the houses agreed that they should be
free, but they were too afraid to make a move. At the start of the story they were
searching for Moses who they thought it was a man, which it was not it was
Harriet Tubman, who wanted to run off slaves. The slaves at the story were
patience. Harriet had promised them food, and shelter, when they got to the first
stop in the farmhouse the man said they were a lot of slaves and that it was not
safe, because the farmhouse had been searched a week ago before they arrived
there, so they didn’t had what she had promised them. The slaves didn’t
screamed at her or complained. When they arrived to Canada I think that even
though they went through difficulties they got what they always dreamed,
FREEDOM which means the condition of being free of restraints. They had to
pay a valuable price in able to get freedom which is their lives. They could been
killed if they gave up and people would find out, they worked hard to make their
dream come true. Harriet is a woman who fought for her rights, and won.
Mark Twain thought that being a pilot was cool, because they got paid a
good salary. Everyone in Mississippi thought it was a great position to be a pilot.
He decided to become a pilot and run away until he became one. I believe he
thought that he cold not become a pilot if he stayed home.
Mr. Brown was Mark’s boss he didn’t treated him fairly, he treated him like he
was a slave. He used him when he wanted too. Mark didn’t liked to be treated
this way. Mark once said in the story “I often want to kill Mr. Brown.” He
committed a crime which was that he striked him and beat him up. When Mr.
Brown comes and complains to the captain about the cub Mark he refuses to
work with him and says that either he goes or he will not work anymore. the
captain says the Mark is not leaving that the person that is leaving is himself. I
think he notices that Mark was being mistreated and was being treated like a
slave. He finally knows how a slave feels like, and sees why they want to be free.
I believe these two stories are alike with the word freedom because Harriet
makes her dream come true like on the pictures she drew, and how Mark felt
almost as a slave.
please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harriet Tubman Essay, Research Paper Harriet Ross Tubman was an African American who ... until after John Tubman died. In Pennsylvania, Harriet Tubman became an abolitionist ... Series with a stamp of Harriet Tubman. Harriet Ross Tubman was an Amazing African ...
- Harriet Tubman Essay, Research Paper Harriet Tubman Harriet Tubman was a poor slave girl ... Civil War had begun. Harriet Tubman responded eloquently to the historical ... great human being. 1. Judith Bentley. Harriet Tubman. U.S.A.: Double Day & Company Inc., ...
- Harriet Tubman Essay, Research Paper Sarah H. Bradford describes as being ... Moses of her People”. Harriet Tubman was an African American woman ... to freedom. I feel that Harriet Tubman is reminded of Moses in ... as she got older. Harriet Tubman later died in 1913, ...
- Harriet Tubman Essay, Research Paper About 40 years before the ... The most important fact about Harriet Tubman’s birth was not the date ... she was given. In 1849, Harriet Tubaman, although she knew nothing about ... many other slaves escape also. Harriet Tubman died
- Harriet tubman was a runaway slave from maryland ... 1844 to a man named John Tubman.She decided to run away ...