Главная > Реферат >Остальные работы
The Patience Of Penelope Essay, Research Paper
Essay: ? The Patience of Penelope?
Do you believe that ?true love? is Eternal? Would you be able to wait for your
?true love? to arrive or would you settle for what is at reach? In the Greek love story,
?The Patience of Penelope,? the writer portrays the meaning of ?true love?. In the short
story ?true love? consisted of patience, faith, and even suffering.
Not all of us hold the rare quality of having patience. We get desperate easily
when we are obligated to wait for something which we need or want. We tend to give in
quickly to lessen our craving or settle for less. Patience was something that Penelope, the
young; beautiful; and wealthy wife of Odysseus carried within herself. Penelope was
aware of her husband?s rumors of his death. Though she maintained seeking patience,
and no matter how helpless she felt, she ignored the suitors who tried winning her favors
and weaved wool for four years till Odysseus revealed himself.
An extraordinary term by which many of us live with everyday is ?faith?. It is
possible for us to have faith in our friends, God, and/or love. In the story, Penelope
demonstrates her belief in faith towards her husband, Odysseus. She remained loyal,
sincere, and honest towards her husband. Though many rumors spread of his death, and
time passed by with no sign of her beloved husband, she managed to keep faith. I believe
that such actions proved Penelope?s ?true love? for her husband.
It doesn?t mean much to love with tongue and words, one must show by actions-
their love. Even if it means suffering for their love. I feel that when you truly love
someone you are willing to do anything for that someone. For example, in the story
Penelope suffered for her husband for several years. She spent four years of her youthful
life lonely and pressured by society to find another man to love. But, Penelpe chose the
difficult, but worthy road. She chose to suffer till her husband arrived.
In conclusion, it is acceptable to say that the story carries a valuable concept in
life. The story gives its reader a view on how life can not always be as clear and/or as
straight forward as you would want it to be. We might go through a few tests to find our
love for certain things or people. The story also shows us how patience and faith are
extremely necessary in many situations, and how love consists of suffering as well.
- ... Essay, Research Paper A paper delivered at the CALIFORNIA JOYCE conference (6/30/93) To quote the opening of ... frustrate successful communication. “My patience are exhausted,” writes Martha ... the episode’s theme of exhausted and phony meanings. In ‘Penelope,’ ...
- The Osyssey Essay, Research Paper The Odyssey The Odyssey, written by Homer, is ... wife Penelope. The focus then shifts to Odysseus himself. The story tells of his ... of Ithaca. Here, exercising great patience and self-control, Odysseus tests the loyalty of ...
- Development Of Man Warrior Essay, Research Paper The Development of Desire The development of the male warrior, throughout literature, ... to his wife Penelope, his son, and most of all his ... Look at the careful planning and patience when waiting for the time to ...
- ... And Settings Essay, Research Paper THE ODYSSEY: ESSAY What different aspects of Odysseus character emerge as ... on Penelope s suitors. This homecoming shows Odysseus piety to the gods, in the ... , he does this showing his patience as he has to again ...
- ... Luther King Essay, Research Paper One of the world?s best known advocates of non-violent social ... that understates the truth and indicates my having a patience that allows ... Book – Minneapolis, Minnesota McPhee, Penelope; Schulke, Flip, King Remembered 1986 ...